View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Murray Chris Craft Constellations Post ReplyPost New Topic
150 Pages « 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Furman1
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 03 2014 at 20:36 | IP Logged Quote Furman1

Here's the link to the Yacht club.

http://www.rmhyc.com/

Furman
Back to Top Printable version View Furman1's Profile Search for other posts by Furman1

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 03 2014 at 20:43 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Oh, a dingy. Apparently there was on on the swim platform. It is
beefed up and has power run to it.
Before any of that, I'll have to replace my water tank.

I be happy just to be in warm weather able to go for a paddle
whenever I choose. Donna and I have used are paddleboards to go out
to dinner several times. The wine makes the return trip quite fun.

Capt.Wayne
"Seaman"

Posted: January 03 2014 at 20:52 | IP Logged Quote Capt.Wayne

Hi Pete,

Remember the conversation we had some time ago about a Connie named Moma Popa from TN that I saw here in Naples. You thought it was the same Connie from LA with a different name. More news from the broker at Black Pearl that sold her. He delivered her to Miami to transport via ship to Australia, which may be our first Connie out of the country. Check it out, if you need more information, I might be able to get it from The new broker Black Pearl/ Davis International.

Furman,

I've got a 40 inch flat screen mounted on the back of the Helm, upper salon, powered by Direct HDTV Dish mounted on the fly bridge, digital (over the airways) TV and Track Vision. Lower salon has a 26 inch flat screen mounted on the starboard wall below the window, mid room, with its own direct TV receiver. The master stateroom has a 22 inch flat screen mounted on the wall at the foot of the bed, and connected to the upper salon HDTV. both receivers have RF converters so I can change stations from anywhere. Different frequencies for each remote except the master which is the same as the upper salon. So far I haven't found a marina with the channels I want to watch.

Happy New year to all 

Back to Top Printable version View Capt.Wayne's Profile Search for other posts by Capt.Wayne

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 03 2014 at 22:05 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Pat & Donna,

You’ve probably left already so the comments I make here will probably make no difference. Yes, a pair of 6V92s in good condition will definitely take you 164 statute miles at 20 mph.

The question is “in good condition”. Engines which haven’t been run much have a tendency to break down when stressed out by a long high speed run. Of course you’ve just completed a long trip so some of the bugs should have been worked out. But that was done mostly at relatively slow speeds. High speed running could bring out another whole set of gremlins.

So there’s no way to tell what will happen. The probability is that the engines will work fine and you’ll get there with no trouble. But if you lose even one engine your speed will be cut down to less than ten knots and at that speed your 164 miles could take more than 16 hours. The weather can change a lot in that amount of time.

For safety, it would be nice to make the trip as part of a group. This is apparently what you are planning and that is a good move.

Wishing you a speedy and uneventful crossing,

Pete37

David Ross
"Navigator"

Posted: January 03 2014 at 22:12 | IP Logged Quote David Ross

Furman,

Not sure if you are aware that John ("Fantasy") is the Commodore of the Royal Marsh Harbor Yacht Club. His term may be up now. John has been a member of this chat line for awhile.

We had a couple boats form our Marina in Maryland go to the Abacos. I spent a month there a couple years ago (we flew). We were based at Marsh Harbor and were able to boat to Hope Town and other out islands. A great time.

You are right, joining the RMHYC is very reasonable and gives you a lot of benefits. Would have liked to take the boat there but did not have the time, wanted to do a few updates before cruising that far and my first mate had a change of heart. After the second two feet of snow that year, we made air reservations and flew to the Abacos.

Back to Top Printable version View David Ross's Profile Search for other posts by David Ross

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 03 2014 at 22:15 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Subject: Foreign Connies

There aren't many Connies outside the US. But I've seen one in Turkey and another in Holland. Don't know much about them though other than that they exist.

Pete37

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 04 2014 at 06:08 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Subject: Forum Activity

We've had a sudden upsurge in forum postings. Look what I see on my computer screen. 18 postings in the last 6 days.

Keep up the good work guys!

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 04 2014 at 06:16

Furman1
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 04 2014 at 08:12 | IP Logged Quote Furman1

Pats2,
I had my swim platform extend to 54 inches deep. I resentley added a cradle and winch to roll the dingy on board. It works great and the Admiral can pull it on herself. At the edge of the swim platform I added a flip up roller to get the dingy over the edge.

Furman
Back to Top Printable version View Furman1's Profile Search for other posts by Furman1

Furman1
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 04 2014 at 08:17 | IP Logged Quote Furman1

I left off that the swim platform is support by 4 each 2 1/2inch braces that go from the rear edge of the platform to below the waterline to the transom.

Furman

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 04 2014 at 14:34 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

That sound nice. Our used to have arms that would lower the dinghy.
There are 2 extra braces where they would go. I'm think maybe
weaver davits. Originally thought up top. People have told me you
wouldn't use it as much. Plus the added weight up top. Can you send
me some pics at patrick@hoffmanbuilders.org ?

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 05 2014 at 11:08 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Pat & Donna,

Haven't heard from you lately. Have you had any problems on your trip to Florida?

This hazard is only rumoured to exist on your planned crossing route.

God Speed!

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 05 2014 at 11:13

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 05 2014 at 18:40 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Here is a picture of Furman's new dinghy.

Look's like a lot of fun.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 05 2014 at 19:07

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 05 2014 at 19:01 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Here is a picture of my first dinghy from way back in 1984.

It was a 13' Boston Whaler with a 40' Mercury outboard. It was rather large to stow aboard so we towed it everywhere we went, At the time we had a 10 knot trawler and she towed very nicely. But when we tried to tow her behind our Connie in 1995 at 18 knots she went entirely berzerk.

We've had several other dinghys since but the Whaler was the best of all.

Pete37

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 06 2014 at 06:36 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Hello all from beautiful Clearwater Beach.

We made the crossing yesterday. 165 miles in 9 1/2 hours. The ladies
performed brilliantly. Very wet ride though, especially in the interior. I
had thought it was sealed but once we started going 18mph into. 15
knot wind thing changed.
Donna helped me change the racors in Panama City by working the fuel
levers for me. When she got done she turned them on the saddle
tanks in stead of aft. So we ran from Panama City to carrabelle on the
saddle tanks. Thinking they were still full I just filled the aft tanks.
About 3 hours into the crossing I decided to check the fuel, am I glad I
did! Saddle tanks were empty, holy s&$@. We made it in with less
than a quarter tank on the afts. Too close.

Furmans dinghy and swim platform set-up is awesome. I truely love
Pete's old whaler.

I do believe the cold is following us down here, as it will be in the thirty
s tonight.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 06 2014 at 10:36 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Pat & Donna,

Congratulations on your safe crossing!

You don't have to work any levers to change the Racors. You just take off the tops and pull out the old filters. Then you open the drain at the bottom and drain out all the remaining crud.

Close the drain, insert the new filters and fill with fresh fuel. Then put the tops back on and you're done. About a 15 minute one man job. I keep a 2 gallon jug of fuel handy for refilling the Racors. Finally, remember to buy a new set of spare filter elements.

My old Whaler was destroyed several years ago when a very heavy snow collapsed the roof of the shed it was kept in.

I'd buy another Whaler to replace it but I don't have a shed to keep it in anymore and renting a slip for it is rather expensive. The Whaler was great because it could easily run for large distances in some rather rough water.

If you're thinking of buying a dinghy don't dismiss towing it as an option. Towing is pretty easy as long as you have at least two people aboard capable of handling a boat. The dinghy doesn't have to be a Whaler; almost anything will work.

Towing doesn't work well at speeds above 10 knots but with fuel being so expensive most of us are operating at 10 knots anyway.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 06 2014 at 10:43

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 06 2014 at 11:13 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Hi Pete, I have 10 on board and I thank god I didn't need to change
one on the gulf. I am pretty sure you need to shut the fuel off before
you open the top. Then, using the "marriage savers" I have Donna pen
and clos the fuel lever to refill the canister.

We would love to get a whaler at some point. I'm sure it will be a
lighter inflatable.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 06 2014 at 11:39 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Pat,

I don't shut off the fuel when changing Racor filters. It may vary some between Connies but on my Connie shutting off the fuel doesn't seem necessary. Of course it doesn't do any harm provided that you turn the fuel back on after changing the filter.

Whalers carried aboard Connies just don't seem to work out well. Theoretically it can be done and there are some Connies that have a Whaler mounted on the FB. But launching and retrieving from that location is so difficult that the owners rarely use their dinghys.

In tow, the Whaler is instantly available for use. My experience (with several dinghy setups) is that if you can't launch and retrieve them quickly you just don't use them.

Pete37

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 06 2014 at 13:55 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Greeting from Clearwater,

Pete at least on my boat, you must shut off the fuel before opening the
lids of the racors plus I use them to refill using the "Marriage Savers".
I have 10 on board. Thank The Lord I didn't need to replace any on
the gulf.

We had two hours of sunshine today before "your" weather reached us.
We will stay here at Clearwater Beach Marina for a month while I go
meet my granddaughter and round up our vehicles.

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 06 2014 at 14:00 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Oops, thought post didn't go through first time.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 06 2014 at 15:41 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Pat,

Subject: Weather

Looks like the weather you used to have on the Great Lakes is following you down to Florida. Did you give the weather your forwarding address?

The weather here on the Eastern Shore is still nice. Sunny, light winds and 40F. But we are expecting colder stuff this evening.

If you are calling the filter elements "Marriage Savers" and have ten aboard you must have awfully dirty fuel. I replace one pair a year and even that isn't really necessary.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 06 2014 at 15:52

David Ross
"Navigator"

Posted: January 06 2014 at 17:42 | IP Logged Quote David Ross

Pat, Pete, Furman and all,

I turn off fuel when changing filters.

Concerning the dinghy discussion: as covered here a long time ago on this site, I have a Zodiac (11'6'') dinghy with the roll up bottom and a Nissan 9.9 HP. I can store the dinghy folded on the fly bridge. It fits neatly between the aft and port side bench seats. I ususually keep it fully inflated on the fly bridge. I installed two boat trailer mounts on the aft rail to support the pontoons and another on a rail next to the sink/bar cabinet that the bow rests on. I have an Aktkins Hoyle davit, with remote control, mounted behind the aft bech seat at the port side corner. It can be lowered aft or port side. This set up works out well for us. More details my be on Pete's CD.

Pat, know you and Donna can't wait to see the new grandchild. Enjoy!!

It's COLD here in Jersey. HIGH tomorrow 12, WITHOUT the wind chill. Glad we have plans to be in Palm Springs Thursday.  

Back to Top Printable version View David Ross's Profile Search for other posts by David Ross

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 08 2014 at 15:37 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Subject: Changing Fuel Filters

Do you really need to turn off the fuel valves when changing fuel filters? The answer in most cases is No. But on the other hand it does no harm provided you turn them back on after changing the filters.

Most of us call our Racors “fuel filters”. But actually, Detroit Diesel calls them “fuel strainers”. The “fuel filters” in their jargon are the small cartridge style filters mounted on the engines which provide an additional stage of filtering after the fuel has gone through the strainers.

The fuel system on our Connies is not a simple gravity feed system. Fuel is sucked out of the fuel tanks by fuel pumps powered by the Roots blowers on our 6V92s. The generator also has its own dedicated fuel pump and strainer.

The only items of the fuel system between the fuel tanks and strainers are the connecting pipes and the fuel valve system. But the valves are mounted high in the engine room well above the fuel tanks. So fuel cannot flow from the tanks to the valves by simple gravity feed. Liquids do not flow uphill. And since it can’t get to the fuel valves it obviously can’t get to the fuel strainers.

Fuel in the engines cannot flow backward to the strainers because there are check valves in the lines between the engines and strainers which block backward flow.

But it is possible to set up a siphon condition between a fuel tank and the strainers if the fuel level in the tank is higher. However, the main fuel tanks in the master stateroom are lower than the strainers so siphoning between the main fuel tanks and strainers is not possible. Siphons do not work uphill.

The tops of the saddle tanks are 6” higher than the tops of the strainers so siphoning between the saddle tanks and strainers is possible if the saddle tanks are more than about ¾ full. If you run into this situation you will notice leakage as soon as you loosen the top of the strainer. The solution is simply to retighten the top and shut off the fuel valve. After the valve is off, the top may be removed and replacement of the strainer element continued.

However, I’ve replaced dozens of strainer elements in the last 18 years and have never had that problem; probably because fuel in the saddle tanks makes my Connie sluggish and bow heavy.

Therefore, I use up most of the fuel in the saddle tanks before switching to the main tanks. I only fill the saddle tanks when I am planning a long trip; most of the time they are kept half full for use as emergency backups in case I get a bad load of fuel. Keeping the saddle tanks only half full also significantly reduces fuel consumption.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 08 2014 at 15:53

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 08 2014 at 16:22 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Hello all.

Spent the last two cold days stripping the wall paper out of the master
head. The original paper had been removed and redone is something
cheap. I had to prime the walls for future paper.

Next step was to remove, clean and caulk the shower door. While I
was at it, I bleached the teak in the tub and oiled it.
Deffinetly a light color wallpaper with some meat to it to cover the
rough plywood.

Pete my racors must be lower than most. If I didn't shut-off the fuel
line I would have a bilge full of fuel.
The "marriage savers". Are two way haedphone sets. They have
helped quite a bit when docking.

Hers hoping for sunny skies tomorrow.

Spike166
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 08 2014 at 21:49 | IP Logged Quote Spike166

New Poster Here,

Hello all, we bought our Connie 460 back in July and found
this forum shortly after. I have refrained from posting until
I read every post....whew!

We got the boat in Tennessee and the shake down cruise
was 1000 miles home to Cincinnati. The boat ran
flawlessly! I am docked just down river from Dmark on the
Ky. side (you still here?)

Our boating plan is to sell everything this year, retire in the
fall and set out full time cruising for a couple of years
before finding a land base somewhere warmer. We want to
do the loop very slowly, travel north in the spring and
return south for the winter. Then skip farther north the next
spring...repeat... The name of the boat is Chasing 80, as in
degrees.

Glad to see the forum has seemed to regain some life. I
covered the last 2 years in only about 10 pages. It's a
great source of info and I hope it continues. For sure I want
a copy of the DVD!! Thanks for keeping it alive Pete.

I have several questions but I'll save them for later.

Kevin

Back to Top Printable version View Spike166's Profile Search for other posts by Spike166

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 06:24 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Hi kevin,   

You beat me to that boat. It was near Chattanooga, right? Super
clean. I kept pestering broker to see if you dropped the deal. Ha.

We bought a fifty in Nashville named it Miss Donna. As you can see,
most of the last 6 months has been myself and a couple others, mainly
Pete.
Cheers to your new boat.

Capt.Wayne
"Seaman"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 08:58 | IP Logged Quote Capt.Wayne

Welcome Kevin,

Glad to see another 460 on the forum. I'm sure you'll have a lot of questions, you've come to the right place for answers. It sure helps to have access to owners with experience, and first hand knowledge of the how to, and what for.

I just changed out my AC pump and motor, it's had a lot of use while in FL I used the same motor. The new one is much more efficient.

Back to Top Printable version View Capt.Wayne's Profile Search for other posts by Capt.Wayne

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 11:56 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Kevin,

Welcome aboard! It's nice to have some new blood on the forum. You have some very interesting cruising planned. That should produce a lot of posts.

Hope that the forum can be of help to you. And we on the forum will probably learn from you too.

The Great Loop; that's very ambitious. Of course you know that there's a bridge in New York that a Connie can't get under. Have you worked out how you're going to handle that? You may have to remove part of the FB.

Again, Welcome Aboard!

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 09 2014 at 12:01

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 12:54 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Subject: Changing Fuel Filters

You probably wonder why I am concerned about this subject. It’s not really whether you turn the switch off or not but what that infers about what you know about how a Connie’s fuel system works. If you think that all the fuel in a tank will drain out if the filter is left open that means you think the fuel system is a gravity-feed type system.
But the Connie’s fuel system is a vacuum-feed system. Most of you are saying; so what, who cares?

Well, as we all know, maintaining fuel flow to the engines is extremely important. Without fuel, the engines stop and we are dead in the water. Naturally, that’s not a good situation. And we, as responsible Captains, should know how to fix problems in the fuel system.

In a gravity-flow system leaks are shown by fuel leaking out of parts of the system; so one looks for fuel leakage.

But in a vacuum-feed system fuel is drawn out of the tanks by a fuel pump mounted on the engine which produces a vacuum in the lines connecting our fuel tanks to the fuel filter. Leaks in this type of system are air leaks which destroy the vacuum and therefore cut off fuel flow. These are much harder to detect; especially if you’re looking for fuel leaks.

Bottom line is that if you don’t know how the Connie’s fuel system works and recognize that it is a vacuum-feed system you won’t know what to do when your engine stops due to fuel system failure.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 09 2014 at 12:58

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 14:27 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Pete, Thanks for caring.   I am confident I understand the basic fuel
system. I'm willing to go with the siphoning theory. Whatever the
case, if leave the cap off and the fuel on, it will fill my racor. I have not
tested beyond that and don't believe I will.   Fact is, I have a
convenient way to fill my racors without carrying a jug of fuel around.
Although I still do.

Another rainy day so I am replacing the furry hull covering in the
forward head.   Wooo wooo!

Spike166
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 17:03 | IP Logged Quote Spike166

Thanks all for the welcome,

Yes Pat, that was the one. She was on Watts Bar lake when
we found her. Took it down to Chattanooga for the haul out
and survey and then back to Watts Bar for some work
before bringing her home. Sad story is the owners only had
her for a couple of years and did a ton of work before the
owner passed away. The difference between their survey
and ours was night and day. She is really in great shape.

Pete, the loop may be ambitious but, as I said, we plan to
do it in small chunks and really spend time seeing the
sights. I can see a whole summer just in your area. The
western Erie is definitely out for any Connie but the eastern
route and the Champlain is very doable. I am one of the
lucky ones with a hinged arch so 17' is not a problem I'm
only 21'5" to the top of the radar. I also understand the
lock operators can give you an extra foot or two if it's close
in their pool.

I too use the fuel valves to refill the racors, seemed pretty
easy the one time I did it.

OK, my first question...I seem to remember an older post
about a source for the 12v breakers on the lower helm.
The one for the ER lights seems weak, it will come on for a
bit but trip after 3 or 4 minutes. I would really like to use
the same kind with the little red light if they can still be
found.

Thanks

Back to Top Printable version View Spike166's Profile Search for other posts by Spike166

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 17:14 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Hi Kevin,

Welcome, once again. That UNfornunately is the case with many older
liveaboard boats. The owner is either very sick or dead.

We love it here in Clearwater and will stay a month and move down to
the fort Myers area. I will set up shop for residential and marine
carpentry. I have to find a marina that can help me achieve that.

There is a switch on the dash for 2lights in the engine room. 2. 110
lights have been added, I will add some more. Red is not necessary for
me as I will not travel at night. Check for loose or corroded wires or
connections on your system.

That is one cherry boat.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 18:22 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Kevin,

Subject: Circuit Breakers

Most of the circuit breakers on the lower helm are A-Series Toggle Circuit breakers. They are pretty easy to get and cost about $25 (page 413 of West Marine Catalog).

Blue Sea Systems (www.bluesea.com) carries a wider selection and can probably give you advice. I haven't seen the breakers with the little red light for a long time.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 09 2014 at 18:32

Spike166
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 21:08 | IP Logged Quote Spike166

Sorry Pete, I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for the
toggle type that's on the front face of the helm but the
rocker type that is on the top. That is where my 12v ER
light switch is. I have the Blue Sea catalog but didn't see
anything similar. I may give them a call to see if they can
help. I guess the ones with the red light may have been left
in the 80's...the breaker is 10amp.

Pat, not too worried about needing the red light for night
running, just hoped to make it look the same. BTW just
read your whole blog, very nicely done. I'm enjoying the
trip too! Funny, we were at Gulf Shores over Christmas
week. Sorry we hadn't "met" before that. Is your kiwi
friend the one that bought the DeFever 49? If so that's the
one that got away from me....

If anyone is interested I made a blog for our trip home and
future travels. Haven't done much since our return but
pretty much used it to learn how this blog thing works.

chasing80.blogspot.com

thanks again,

eshover
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 21:33 | IP Logged Quote eshover

The company that makes the breakers you are looking for
is AirPax. They were purchased by Sensata Technologies.
I believe they still make these. You'll need to remove the
break and get the part number, amperage, etc. I
purchased some from them several years ago. If you
cannot find the breaker on the website, contact them.
They were helpful when I did.

Best regards,
G. Emory Shover
M/V Southern Charm
Mill Creek
Annapolis MD
1986 CC 500

eshover
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 21:33 | IP Logged Quote eshover

The company that makes the breakers you are looking for
is AirPax. They were purchased by Sensata Technologies.
I believe they still make these. You'll need to remove the
break and get the part number, amperage, etc. I
purchased some from them several years ago. If you
cannot find the breaker on the website, contact them.
They were helpful when I did.
http://www.airpax.net/cb.html
Best regards,
G. Emory Shover
M/V Southern Charm
Mill Creek
Annapolis MD
1986 CC 500

eshover
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 21:34 | IP Logged Quote eshover

Sorry it posted twice. The second post has the web site.

eshover
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 09 2014 at 21:56 | IP Logged Quote eshover

You may also try this assembler feature. I think I got it
close. But I would call a sales rep and give him the exact
part number and let them cross-ref to whatever the new
number may be.

http://ww3.airpax.net/CC_host/pages/custom/templates/ai
rpax2/configure.cfm?cc_nvl=((cpc,R21),
(CC,production,P,snapak_rb))

Best of luck. And let the forum know if you were able to
still obtain these. I should have bought a spare.

WARNING! THEY ARE NOT CHEAP!

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 10 2014 at 01:27 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Kevin,

I have pictures of all my lower console electrical panels but can't find a breaker for the engine room lights. I have two types of engine room lights (AC and DC). There are two DC engine room lights but they are directly wired to some of the DC circuits in the engine room. They are pretty anemic and I don't normally use them.

There are about 8 CFL lights (equivalent to about 8 100 watt incandescents) run on AC in the engine room and other lower compartments. When at dock they run on Dock AC. Away from dock they run off the genny. I'm planning on an inverter system and I'll probably have them hooked into that too. The AC engine room lights are controlled by breakers in the AC Breaker Panel on the port side of the lower salon

If you have the Blue Sea Catalog and can't find your circuit breaker for the engine room lights it's probably not a marine circuit breaker. But it could be from another company. I have catalogs for several other marine electrical suppliers. It probably came from Hechinger or some other household electrical supply company. It could also be an automotive component.

I'd be a little wary about a non-marine circuit breaker. See if you can get any identifying numbers or marks on it and I'll try to track it down.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 10 2014 at 01:30

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 10 2014 at 08:38 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Good Morning all,

It looks like new blood keeps things rolling on the forum.
Kevin I give all credit on Driving Miss Donna to Miss Donna. That is her
baby. My Kiwi buddy Gerrald did buy a 49 Defever near Pickwick Lake
or Green Turtle Bay last spring. Very nice traveling boat as it is
stabilized and twin Perkins. However, all of that didn't help him at all
as he tried to cross the gulf the other day. They got the snot kicked
out of them. Too slow, can't get out of his own wake with a top speed
of 8knots. That is a rare situation though that you need to get up and
go.
The reason we were still in Orange beach was to remodel his galley,
which worked out great.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 10 2014 at 13:21 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Wow! Nine posts in one day (this makes number 10) and the day isn't over yet.

Pete37

]
] ]
150 Pages « 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version