View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Albin
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Albin
Subject Topic: Albin 25 CC Trawler Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
JimIsbell
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 04 2006 at 23:50 | IP Logged Quote JimIsbell

I have owned my Albin 25 for two years now and know of three in the immediate Corpus Christi, TX area.  I would be interested in hearing from others with a similar boat.

daisydog7
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 27 2007 at 20:18 | IP Logged Quote daisydog7

Hi:

My husband and I used to live in Rockport and we owned an Albin 25 when we lived there. We bought it on June 1, 2001 and sold it a year or two later.  We really liked the boat alot, and named it Gypsy. We sold it because it was just too warm in the summer. I wonder if this is the same boat you have, or if you have seen it?  Since then, we bought a 2004 Albin 28 which is a wonderful boat and may move up to an Albin 32. Yes we like Albins!  Best, Pam

Back to Top Printable version View daisydog7's Profile Search for other posts by daisydog7

CAPT PENGUIN
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 28 2007 at 05:44 | IP Logged Quote CAPT PENGUIN

Sorry, but no to both of your questions.  We have a lovely old 36 foot.

JimIsbell
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 28 2007 at 12:08 | IP Logged Quote JimIsbell

I don't think this is the same boat as I bought it from a guy that got
it from his father in law when he died.  But who knows.  If it was
yours at one time you would remember the Turbo Volvo engine as that
seems to be a rarity in Albins??  There was no name on the boat when I
got it and it is now named Southern Cross.

I still have it and also have a Gulfstar 36 which is kind of like an
Albin 25 on steroids.

As to being too hot, I am installing a marine Air Conditioner in the
bulkhead between the cockpit and the forward cabin so it will be cool
for sleeping.  I am putting a 3KW diesel alternator in the back cabin
so we can run the AC when on the hook.  I have also installed full
instrumentation including GPS and a RADAR.

There is another Albin 25 berthed next door, it is called Chicken Ship
and is owned by Doug Tinker, the lawyer.  He has owned it for years.
That is the only other local one I know about.

daisydog7
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 28 2007 at 16:36 | IP Logged Quote daisydog7

Doug Tinker is the man we sold the boat to. He bought it from Mustang Island Yachts, where we had it listed. Small world. When we had it it was in really good condition. We also had air conditioning installed by Gatewood but that didn't keep it cool outside while we were underway. One of our favorite trips when we lived in Rockport was to go to Port Aransas, spend the night, then go to the Corpus Marina, spend the night, and then go back to Rockport.  Nice run.

The Gulfstar 36 trawler is a favorite of ours but there was never one for sale when we were looking. Is yours the black hulled Gulfstar that was at Key Allegro for many years? We are trying to think of the name, it was something like Windsong, I believe. Anyway those are really nice boats. We looked at an Albin 31 Sportsfisher today and we're interested but haven't made up our minds yet.

What shape is Chicken Ship (Gypsy) in? We really liked that boat.  Best, Pam

Back to Top Printable version View daisydog7's Profile Search for other posts by daisydog7

rradlinski
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 28 2007 at 17:25 | IP Logged Quote rradlinski

Hi Daisydog:

What have you done to your 28TE (or what is inherently different about it) that makes it cooler topside than the 25 ?  Did the 25 not have an opening center window in the wheelhouse like theTE 28? 

I don't have AC and have been thinking about putting two small hatches in my 28TE wheelhouse roof to increase airflow topside.

FYI to you and others on this forum that are not aware of it, there is a very good forum at albinowners.com that deals primarily with 28TEs and other newer model Albins.

Richard

Back to Top Printable version View rradlinski's Profile Search for other posts by rradlinski

JimIsbell
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 28 2007 at 17:26 | IP Logged Quote JimIsbell

Doug owns the house next to our three vacant lots by the Marina.  The bow of my A25 is just 6 feet from the stern of his A25.  He keeps it in good condition and takes it out more often than I take mine out..   If you want I will send you a picture of the Graphics he has on it..if you haven't seen it yet...its cute.  But you better give me an email address so we can do it outside of the forum.  I dont think the Forum will handle attachments.

I have a 4KW inverter and will be putting in a high amp alternator so that I can run the AC while underway.  With a 50HP Volvo engine the AC load will not be noticeable.  As to outside temp.  I like it the way it is here in the summer as long as the boat is moving.  I wouldn't want AC for the helm, but I like it for sleeping.

My Gulfstar 36 is a sailboat, but its the same hull as the trawler 36, just one engine not two and sails for the second engine....#8-)  We bought it in Tampa last April and sailed it home in May.  It took 35 days as we were just lazing along and stopping sometimes for 5 days to smell the roses.  We spent 5 days at the Port Arthur Yacht Club because they were a great bunch of guys and the weather was not suitable for sailing.    It has more interior room on it than my last sailboat, a Bruce Roberts 44 !

daisydog7
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 02 2007 at 19:49 | IP Logged Quote daisydog7

Richard:

Our model is the soft top. The convertible. It is quite cool and comfortable, except in a chop it is a little wet. We put dodger curtains around, but unfortunately where they meet it leaks. Other than that, we really like the convertible. But if we had it to do again, we might get the hard top.

Pam

daisydog7
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 02 2007 at 19:54 | IP Logged Quote daisydog7

JimisBell

We'd love to see a picture of the 25. We have very fond memories of it.

Sounds like a wonderful trip home in the Gulfstar.  We sure liked boating around the Rockport area and miss it alot.  Galveston has some great places to go also.

We are selling the Albin 28 tomorrow and are looking at an Albin 32 SPortsfisher. It is quite similar to the 28 with four extra feet. We are a little concerned however, because when we started the engine it belched a huge cloud of grey/white/black smoke. After running a few minutes it cleared up.  We are also going to look at an Albin 27, but the engine has 3000 hours.

Pam   ( daisydog77@sbcglobal.net)

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version