View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Carver
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Carver
Subject Topic: 2002 Mariner 350 TV Antenna Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
sharpw
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 09 2006 at 22:33 | IP Logged Quote sharpw

Today I spent too many hours trying to trace the TV antenna.  Does anyone know the route of the antenna from the arch to the TV and where the amplifer is?  Also, I found 3 cables in the TV area...one (30 ft) that goes to the bedroom, one (30 ft) that goes up and forward and one (10 ft) that to the aft of the boat. 
Back to Top Printable version View sharpw's Profile Search for other posts by sharpw

gbarger
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 10 2006 at 11:36 | IP Logged Quote gbarger

I will give you my experience with the 3 different model carvers I have owned. They were all wired similar.    The radar arch mounted tv antenna cable and the cable for the dock side feed both traveled to the A-B switch that selects between the antenna and the dock side cable feed. This was located in the salon tv area.  The antenna cable's power amplifer was immediately prior to the A/B switch.  I had to pull the salon tv to gain access to amplifer.  I am not sure if your model is wired like this, but its a good chance, since all 3 models I have owned were wired this way.

Gary

Back to Top Printable version View gbarger's Profile Search for other posts by gbarger

sharpw
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 10 2006 at 21:41 | IP Logged Quote sharpw

Gary, thanks this is very helpful.  Two questions...what does the amplifier look like?  I did pull the TV and did not see anything that looked like a "black box".  Where have you seen it mounted and what is it's size?  Second, my problem is I get bad reception from the antenna on the arch...the light on the antenna is on but I actually get better reception by hooking up rabbit ears to the TV.  Any ideas on what can be wrong?

Thanks

Skip

Back to Top Printable version View sharpw's Profile Search for other posts by sharpw

gbarger
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 10 2006 at 23:56 | IP Logged Quote gbarger

Skip,

I want to remind you again, I am only giving my observations of the way my 3 Carver models were wired for tv reception and none of them were your model. All 3 of mine were wired similar, but yours might not be wired like them. 

The amplifer is a white rectangle about 2 by 3 inches that will have 2 cables and 1 power cord attached to it. You should be able to follow one of the cables from the A/B switch back to the amplifer. All of mine were in different locations but close to the salon tv. One actually had the A/B switch and amplifer in a cabnet next to the tv.

You need to find that A/B switch and try both the A and B settings, if  it is on the wrong setting (dock setting) then you are not connecting with the arch antenna regardless of whether the red LED light is on or not.  The settings are only labeled A and B, so I suspect it is on the wrong setting for the arch antenna.

The wiring goes something like this:

antenna--amplifer---A/B switch

----3way splitter----- the 3 tvs

dockside feed ------- A/Bswitch

The output from the A/B switch goes to a 3 way splitter which feeds all the tvs.

Gary

Back to Top Printable version View gbarger's Profile Search for other posts by gbarger

sharpw
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 16 2006 at 21:56 | IP Logged Quote sharpw

Gary,

I found it!!  It was hidden behind a false wall above the frig in a cabinet.  I did not have time to trouble shoot whether the problems is a cable, amplifer, or antenna issue but I now know the entire route from antenna to tv.

Will let you now how this comes out.  Thanks

Skip

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version