View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Bayliner
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Bayliner
Subject Topic: Bayliner cruisers Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Edddy
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 15:42 | IP Logged Quote Edddy

I aminterested in  buying a 2655 or a 2855 express cruiser to live on. Can any one share their thoughts, pro and cons. I hear alotabout the quality of Bayliner, not good. But I am constanly compairing them to other boats and the ergonomics of the interior tend to blow away others much more expensive. am I delusional or what?  I have also been told that the quality is better if I purchase a 2001 or newer. I also am only considering a single engine, for gas and maintainance reasons. Is this a  smart choice.

I sold my 1971 Coronado 27, that I lived on for 2 years and miss living on the water.

I would love to hear any and all thoughts and opinions!

Thanks

Ed

Back to Top Printable version View Edddy's Profile Search for other posts by Edddy

nyemtp
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 16:13 | IP Logged Quote nyemtp

I have a 2003 2655 Ciera Express Cruiser and love it.  Have two kids and the wife with plenty of room.   All of the options including A/C and we're good to go.  Like you, the interior design and ergonomics blow away many others.  Where are you located?
Back to Top Printable version View nyemtp's Profile Search for other posts by nyemtp

Edddy
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 17:04 | IP Logged Quote Edddy

I am in Long Beach CA. Have you had any quality issues? how is your fuel consumption? Which motor do you have?Are you in fresh water or ocean. I wil keep it inthe water here in the ocean. I have a slip already.

Ed

Back to Top Printable version View Edddy's Profile Search for other posts by Edddy

nyemtp
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 20:04 | IP Logged Quote nyemtp

Quality has been just fine.  Maybe some very minor cosmetic things here and there but no problems at all.  I have the Merc 350 with Bravo 3 drive, mostly fresh water but some brackish depending on the salt line in the river during the summer.  We love the boat.  If you weren't so far away, I would discuss a sale since we are going bigger (kids grow up too fast!).
Back to Top Printable version View nyemtp's Profile Search for other posts by nyemtp

jbarnett
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 12 2006 at 20:30 | IP Logged Quote jbarnett

I have a 26' Regal Express and clauterphobic even for one night out!  You want to live on one? 

Since we're serious about the boating stuff, we're thinking about a 38' Bayliner.  Make you a good deal on a Regal!

Back to Top Printable version View jbarnett's Profile Search for other posts by jbarnett

steve201
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 20 2006 at 11:06 | IP Logged Quote steve201

the 28 is plenty for a single person....there is no problems with quality...I used to have a 24 and thought that a 285 or 2855 would be a nice boat..we ended up with a maxum and haven't looked back...a 5.7ltr would be minimal for an engine...it's a heavy boat for it's size...as far as quality goes...they are built well and alot tougher than people think....make sure you get a surveyor to look at it before buying.....remember ...it doesn't have the bling of say a searay or other more expensive boat....

fuel consumption is about 14gals/hr depending on sea conditions and hull conditions...best of luch....

Back to Top Printable version View steve201's Profile Search for other posts by steve201

Hank285
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 10 2007 at 19:01 | IP Logged Quote Hank285

We have (The Wife) and i an 02 2855 and love it. We traded up from a 95 2355 that was too small for two people. I strugled with what boat to buy. Sea Ray seemed too much money Maxum for sure is a nice boat. I live on mine 3 days a week and some weeks for vacation. The 2855 has everything i needed or wanted all in one boat. You cant get everything. AC, Heat, Micowave, Head, Genny, Dinette. Topside has plenty of room. I have a 350 Mag with B3 leg. If anything i would like to have a 7.4 engine. The 5.7 is enough for 2 to 4 on board and still get on plane without to much trouble but any more it falls short. If you load it up with stuff and 4 people even two and the 5.7 is not quite enough. B3 and a single engine is good for me in a 28' any bigger and id want 2 screws. Very happy with Bayliner dispite what some might say. It provides us with every comfort and performance need at a lower cost. My next boat will very likely be a 305 bayliner. Good luck Hank
Back to Top Printable version View Hank285's Profile Search for other posts by Hank285

Mhart2
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 12 2007 at 16:19 | IP Logged Quote Mhart2

Hi:

I used to have the smaller Command Bridge and recently I bought a new 2856 Command Bridge with the 7.4 Ltr Bravo III. I added the radar arch with a post extension then a complete flybride enclosure. Next I added a bow thruster for 'one person cruising'.

The boat runs great, the fuel consumption is low with a cruise speed of 24 - 26 mph and a top speed of 38 mph. in runs like a speed boat. This is a dry boat for rough Atlantic waters, and a great live on boat. Good luck with you choice of boats and enjoy.

Matt

milledgeh
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 01 2007 at 23:07 | IP Logged Quote milledgeh

I also am looking for a boat in the 26 to 28 ft. range and I have been impressed by the looks and features in the Bayliner.  I haven't ridden in one so I don't know how well they ride.  I don't want a boat that is skittish or pounds excessively.  I read that you want a boat with 20 degree or better deadrise but all of cruisers in this length range are 16 to 17 degrees.  What can anyone tell me about the ride?

Thanks.   Milledge

Back to Top Printable version View milledgeh's Profile Search for other posts by milledgeh

aprilvl
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 03 2007 at 00:14 | IP Logged Quote aprilvl

I went from sailing to power cruising this year. . I read the advice on the  older bayliners. After going to new boat shows all over the east, I didnt like the limited cabin on the newer boats. I ended up buying a 1979 25'bayliner saratoga flybridge. the hull integrity is unbelievable for a boat that age. the interior is mostly teak not plastic. Original volvo penta 260 still purrs like it was new with 860 hours. all the original harware, windows doors all work like they always did. It was a liveaboard for a single man for 4 years. Like any boat it remains in great condition because of good maintenance. last weekend i buffed it out and the gelcoat is in great condition. I have owned many sailboats from tanzer to a hunter and this bayliner keeps up with all of them as far as quality and durability. I have always loved older boats, they have a built in personality. Dont judge a boat by reputation based on rumours. Get a survey done and look hard at maintenance logs. "Hammerhead" has endured children, salt water, and a liveaboard for decades. Just wanted to toss my thoughts out on this topic. April
Back to Top Printable version View aprilvl's Profile Search for other posts by aprilvl

pgcan
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 08 2007 at 00:17 | IP Logged Quote pgcan

Hello

I have a 2955 avanti and it is a great boat and like most bayliners the cabin is a great layout it is a heavy boat and rides great just like the big costley boat

i have a 454 mercrusier with b2 leg and twin props on it and she runs great

it has a nice 10ft 6 beam on her so she is wide as well

just do your homework on it but it is a good boat

pyle on more
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 23 2007 at 21:29 | IP Logged Quote pyle on more

I had a 185 runabout for three years and never had a problem with it.  We recently purchased the 245 bowrider and really love it.  I found some minor cracking in the deck, probably from a void.  The dealer is fixing this.  In my family we have had Bayliner, Carver, and Proline boats.  The only one that we didn't have problems with was the used 10 year old Bayliner we first bought.  The others were new and we had major problems from the start.  Bayliners are a good no frills boat that gives you the basics at a good price.

Back to Top Printable version View pyle on more's Profile Search for other posts by pyle on more

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version