View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Sea Ray
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Sea Ray
Subject Topic: SRO What Happened ??? Post ReplyPost New Topic
3 Pages 1 2 3
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
MLauman
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 10:24 | IP Logged Quote MLauman

I'm with DavidS on this one. Jeremy is not gonna just hand over 3-4 years worth of his hard work and dedication to some stranger.  If his plans were to sell it or transfer it then he would obviously have handled the shutdown differently.

His email to the Premier members indicated that he would disclose more information (good or bad) within the next week. Until he does this, all this talk about new sites (and I seen several here and elsewhere) is just gonna add to the confusion, potentially generate animosity, and spread us so thin that we'll never be able to form the cohesive group that we had.

I was a charter member with several hundred posts representing many hours of my time and I feel as much at a loss as any of you, but let's not shoot ourselves in the foot. At least not yet.

Back to Top Printable version View MLauman's Profile Search for other posts by MLauman

bridog2
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 10:44 | IP Logged Quote bridog2

Quote: yachtjim
There has been a Sea Ray owners group online at www.clubsearay.com since 03/04.  
It looks like we are welcome over there as well.. they just posted a "Welcome message" to SRO'ers. Very nice of them.

BON DIA
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 11:18 | IP Logged Quote BON DIA

Jeremy.....thanks for hosting SRO,your site saved me $Ks & made me a safer & better boater.  Wishing you fair winds, safe harbors & peace.....Philip

Edited by BON DIA on October 03 2006 at 19:07

thunderbird1
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 11:43 | IP Logged Quote thunderbird1

If clubsearay.com is controlled by Brunswick, I want nothing to do with it.  I can only imagine how quickly any criticism (such as the energetic SRO 290 discussion) will be censored or spun by the Brunswick marketing or legal departments.

yachtjim
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 11:59 | IP Logged Quote yachtjim

Hi thunderbird, its not controlled by Brunswick.  Its just sitting on our server.  Who are we?  We have a yacht brokerage company and marine electronics business.  Because of the nature of our yacht brokerage company we sell a tremendous amount of used Sea Rays.  at the end of '03 some customers started asking us where they can find info about sea rays online because they knew I was very heavy into particpating in online forums like boatus or tht.  I honestly had no idea where to send them so I promised I would open them up a forum on our server.  In early '04 I did that.  In '05 or so I learned about SRO which was certainly a thriving community.  I have never tried to compete with SRO, in fact there has never been a mention of it on CSR or vice versa.  Since our site had a lt of info I have just left it up.  It gets a few posts a day and certainly has a bunch of registered members.  If every Sea Ray owner under the sun ends up there, that would be great, if nobody shows up thats OK too because we don't make any money from it.  But I do plan to leave it up and I will invest whatever resources are necessary if there is interest.  If the SRO guy wants to send me the data from his server to stick up there I would certainly do it.

I am a boat us member and we provide a link to boat us's insurance services on our other sites.  I think they have done something neat here with this owners section.  I can't imagine trying to keep all of this moderated and orderly!  

Boat US member

Back to Top Printable version View yachtjim's Profile Search for other posts by yachtjim

JeGagne340
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 12:18 | IP Logged Quote JeGagne340

Jeremy, Thanks for all your efforts. SRO was by far the best  site for those of us that love SeaRay's. I can not begin to calculate the dollars the advice saved me plus all of the great ideas, beautiful pictures, and friendly banter. Reading SRO was  an important part of my day. Good Luck and God Bless.

David B.

Dotty Sea
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 13:56 | IP Logged Quote Dotty Sea

I can't believe I didn't read Sunday night - in a very short time SRO became a real habit for the Admiral and I she read in the mornings I read at night but I had a job Sunday and missed all the fireworks.  Really stinks that things went that far.  I hope all the posters from SRO will just hang in and not splinter off to a million different sites till we know what's really up.

Hell, I never paid a dime and got over $20 worth of info in 10 days!  SRO was a damn good site - kudos to Jeremy.

Back to Top Printable version View Dotty Sea's Profile Search for other posts by Dotty Sea

RT 240SD
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 17:04 | IP Logged Quote RT 240SD

I migrated this way, but continue to cross my fingers that Jeremy will find a way to bring back the site and or data.  His service to the community was top notch and I'm sure he didn't take this decision lightly.  I was locked out of premier status, but I'm sure Todd et al. will show up here.  Keep us informed and let us know if we can help.  The knowledge base lost in the archives... wow. 
Back to Top Printable version View RT 240SD's Profile Search for other posts by RT 240SD

hifi
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 17:25 | IP Logged Quote hifi

Thank you Jeremy for your great service.

SOUL MATES
1998 SEA RAY 400EC
7.4 MPI
Back to Top Printable version View hifi's Profile Search for other posts by hifi

sr360aft
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 19:49 | IP Logged Quote sr360aft

Man, I wish you'all would just go to one place and stay. Looks like the sro's are scattered everywhere

Back to Top Printable version View sr360aft's Profile Search for other posts by sr360aft

ridepate
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 20:51 | IP Logged Quote ridepate

Man,

I'm lost........................................

270SLX
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 20:56 | IP Logged Quote 270SLX

270 SLX here.  I can just echo what many of you are saying.  SRO was a Godsend for me.  There was no question that I couldn't get answered by "youz guyz".  If and when someone picks up where Jeremy left off, let's stick together.

Dennis

PeterMvdb
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 03:18 | IP Logged Quote PeterMvdb

[QUOTE=MLauman]

I'm with DavidS on this one. Jeremy is not gonna just hand over 3-4 years worth of his hard work and dedication to some stranger.  If his plans were to sell it or transfer it then he would obviously have handled the shutdown differently.

His email to the Premier members indicated that he would disclose more information (good or bad) within the next week. Until he does this, all this talk about new sites (and I seen several here and elsewhere) is just gonna add to the confusion, potentially generate animosity, and spread us so thin that we'll never be able to form the cohesive group that we had.

I was a charter member with several hundred posts representing many hours of my time and I feel as much at a loss as any of you, but let's not shoot ourselves in the foot. At least not yet.]

Yes this guy is right!!

Dotty Sea
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 12:43 | IP Logged Quote Dotty Sea

If anyone has access to contacts for the Premier members maybe they could at least all hang out in ONE SPOT while we wait for the other shoe to drop - I think the concerns aobut splintering the groups and animosity etc. are very well founded.  Being involved in a travel forum which I moderate and have over 2000 posts on I can't IMAGINE how I'd feel if it just vanished but beyond anything else I'd want to keep the core posters in one spot if possible till something could be worked out.

Back to Top Printable version View Dotty Sea's Profile Search for other posts by Dotty Sea

Sonja Lowe
Admin

Admin

Posted: October 04 2006 at 13:10 | IP Logged Quote Sonja Lowe

BoatUS Boat Groups would like to welcome all SRO Forum members  - we hope your other Forum is up and running soon, but until it is, please feel free to dock here and participate in our Forum. Your knowledge and advice will certainly be appreciated by the Sea Ray owners who visit our Forum regularly. (We don't even charge a transient fee  ).

Just a note, we also have a regular, older BoatUS Messageboards Forum that has many postings regarding Sea Ray - from Maintenance & Repair to model specific discussions. In fact, if you do a search for "Sea Ray", you will get 17 pages of search results.

Here's a link to the other Forum: http://my.boatus.com/forum  You can use the same login as the one for Boat Groups.

Welcome Aboard!

Edited by Sonja Lowe on October 04 2006 at 13:12

JPSchmitty
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 14:15 | IP Logged Quote JPSchmitty

Another SRO refugee here.  Even though I didn't post all that frequently, the knowledge I was able to absorb as an avid reader at SRO has been nothing short of priceless.  I learned more about my particular boat and so many other general maintainance topics in my short time at that forum than I think I had in my previous 2 years of boat ownership.

It is nice to see so many familiar names, and I hope we will be able to continue the information sharing that made SRO such a valuable resource to us all.

Schmitty

Back to Top Printable version View JPSchmitty's Profile Search for other posts by JPSchmitty

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 14:52 | IP Logged Quote slack250

I agree with all.  We need to wait for Jeremy to let the lucky Premier members know what is going and wait for the info to filter down to us newbys.  If the news is bad (as I've stated before), I'm up to starting this over, yet trying to keep everything the same.  I'm crossing my fingers. 

Jeremy, you have our support.

Regards,

Jim

Knot Working
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 14:55 | IP Logged Quote Knot Working

Thanks Boat-Us for the welcome!!

I am pleased to find this new boat groups forum. I would often come to this site and read the posts but rarely posted' it's nice to have a place to go.

Being a Premier member at SRO you know I miss it. I am just kickin back and enjoying the fact I still have a place to go. I have read a lot of good advice and know there is a lot of mechanical knowledge that is available from the guys here at Boat US.

I would Like to say thanks to you Jeremy if your reading this and the rest of the moderators for a good board. Also good to see some of you guys from SRO.....Now lets talk about boats!! Mine is still in the water....Yahoo

Bruce

upstateboater
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 15:42 | IP Logged Quote upstateboater

Uh, this feels really strange. 

Have any of the Franks appeared yet?

Back to Top Printable version View upstateboater's Profile Search for other posts by upstateboater

WaltS
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2006 at 23:06 | IP Logged Quote WaltS

I have not noticed either Frank here yet. FC3 did post at boatus before SRO. I hope we all find one forum to make home. Being spread out on boatered and here is no fun

Walt

Semper Fi
Back to Top Printable version View WaltS's Profile Search for other posts by WaltS

never monday
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 05 2006 at 06:32 | IP Logged Quote never monday

Check me in to an end tie please, I'll need two 30A plugs and water too.

I'm just upset I didn't back up my blog over there.

midway
"Seaman"

Posted: October 05 2006 at 06:52 | IP Logged Quote midway

There is another spot where SRO members a gathering and I think a large portion of them, it is  http://www.clubsearay.com  

skipbarnes
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 05 2006 at 06:58 | IP Logged Quote skipbarnes

Quote: never monday
Check me in to an end tie please, I'll need two 30A plugs and water too.

I'm just upset I didn't back up my blog over there.

Your project was getting real interesting - I found out a lot of things about the construction of my 340 from your pictures. Got an update?

y.i. Otter
1988 Searay 340DA

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
                -Hanlon's Razor
Back to Top Printable version View skipbarnes's Profile Search for other posts by skipbarnes

never monday
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 05 2006 at 07:13 | IP Logged Quote never monday

Thanks Skip,
The latest update is, It's painted and splashing today or tommorow depending on Lift time.
I'm going to try and get the file from someone over there. I've started a new thread at clubsearay with the same title. In the next week or so I'll have my pics back up with some commentary. I'm going to miss all the "other" talk that was on the thread.

Pat

Gunn
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 05 2006 at 09:29 | IP Logged Quote Gunn

midway, that's a nice enclosure for your 185. Looks very roomy. How is it being inside? btw, how'd you get the lights to come on, on the trailer in the photo!??!
Back to Top Printable version View Gunn's Profile Search for other posts by Gunn

gerryb
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 05 2006 at 10:19 | IP Logged Quote gerryb

Another SRO refugee checking in.  Thanks BOATUS for providing such a great service and allowing us to continue sharing info with one another.

I'd love the "Franks" to set-up a conference call between themselves and provide some direction to rest of us.  THose guys were UNBELIEVABLE sources of info and we all owe them lots for their time and THOUSANDS of posts.  Many others there also provided lots of info to us newbies so I don't want to disparage anyone but I do want to give credit where it's due...

Maybe they'll come-up with a replacement site like FRANKSRO.COM.

Edited by gerryb on October 05 2006 at 10:22
Back to Top Printable version View gerryb's Profile Search for other posts by gerryb

midway
"Seaman"

Posted: October 05 2006 at 10:46 | IP Logged Quote midway

Quote: Gunn
midway, that's a nice enclosure for your 185. Looks very roomy. How is it being inside? btw, how'd you get the lights to come on, on the trailer in the photo!??!

Thanks for the compliment on the enclosure,  it is roomy inside, and if the sun is shining it will get warm in a hurry and you will have to open the windows, you can stand up and move around as though there was no top or enclosure. Now to the lights, I don't know, I think they reflected the flash back as it was a cloudy rainy day, it does make a neat picture.

Dotty Sea
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 05 2006 at 23:28 | IP Logged Quote Dotty Sea

Thats the enclosure my finance wants - can't wait to show him the
photo - he really wants to have it for the spring.

midway
"Seaman"

Posted: October 06 2006 at 06:46 | IP Logged Quote midway

Quote: Dotty Sea
Thats the enclosure my finance wants - can't wait to show him the
photo - he really wants to have it for the spring.

I don't know about the 06 185 but in 04 there was not one available from Sea Ray, at least not for the bimini, mine is custom made, they pulled bimini installed zippers and made panels to fit. If you have to do the same find a local canvas maker, check with dealer to see who they use. Take them the boat they will have to measure and make patterns for the panels.

never monday
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 06 2006 at 16:28 | IP Logged Quote never monday

Well, I'm floating and not sinking.
Updates at
www.clubsearay.com

KRB64
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 12 2006 at 08:32 | IP Logged Quote KRB64

Glad to find you guys, I was feeling marooned!

Keep us all up to date on what is going on and where.

I received my email from SRO and offer for a refund (which I refused) but no explanation. What, with out going into detail and specifics, are you all refering too about that "Sunday night" chat? I don't need all the gory details but am curious as to what may have led to the pulling of the plug?

Thanks,

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 12 2006 at 12:01 | IP Logged Quote slack250

SRO is gone, we are regrouping at www.clubsearay.com  Come on over, most are there now.

Sea-Harley
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 12 2006 at 13:34 | IP Logged Quote Sea-Harley

Howdy!!!!

Miss Me?

Back to Top Printable version View Sea-Harley's Profile Search for other posts by Sea-Harley

BruZerII
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 17 2006 at 11:37 | IP Logged Quote BruZerII

I'm glad I found you guys.  As I stated in the other thread, I felt like a lost child who has found his family!!!

Yesterday was a sad day for me.   I moved my boat over to the marina to be pulled for the winter.     Now today I can talk boating again!!!!

Back to Top Printable version View BruZerII's Profile Search for other posts by BruZerII

STIHLBOLTS
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 17 2006 at 12:58 | IP Logged Quote STIHLBOLTS

Glad to see ya!
Back to Top Printable version View STIHLBOLTS's Profile Search for other posts by STIHLBOLTS

180 Sport
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 17 2006 at 15:04 | IP Logged Quote 180 Sport

I was only a member of SRO since June, but the information helped me tremendously....like most of you, I found this site through a search and also the clubsearay site (which by the way seems to be the same set up at the SRO site with most of the same guys......)  glad to find everyone and look forward to checking in daily.

mark101
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 05 2006 at 23:23 | IP Logged Quote mark101

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to see several SRO members have landed here. I live close to Jeremy and have sent him a message so if he decides to respond I will ask him to contact us here. I know have my BIII's repaired and I purchased an air dock so they will no longer be sitting in the water. Just was not worth it to me to worry about corrosion issues.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Swift 2003 280 DA T-5.0 MPI
Back to Top Printable version View mark101's Profile Search for other posts by mark101

out n aboat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 18 2006 at 18:55 | IP Logged Quote out n aboat

So this is where everyone went. I saw a link for anouther site. I will check it out.

KG4VGH
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 30 2006 at 10:55 | IP Logged Quote KG4VGH

Hi  all     Formerly  "Spidey" on SRO.......hope Jeremy gets it back up soon.....sure do miss it......

glad I found this one though.....

Hope everyone has an awesome New year

mmsi 338030905
Back to Top Printable version View KG4VGH's Profile Search for other posts by KG4VGH

ssilb33
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 30 2006 at 11:31 | IP Logged Quote ssilb33

Go to www.clubsearay.com  all will be revealed. Is their an echo in here? Seems a bit empty.

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 25 2013 at 10:50
Back to Top Printable version View ssilb33's Profile Search for other posts by ssilb33

]
] ]
3 Pages 1 2 3

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version