View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Sea Ray
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Sea Ray
Subject Topic: SRO What Happened ??? Post ReplyPost New Topic
3 Pages 1 2 3
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
ImpulseIII
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 07:29 | IP Logged Quote ImpulseIII

Any members of the SRO board lurking around? Any ides what happened last night? I have some thoughts that Jeremy got fed up with some of the BS that was going on.  Dave S, Richard, are you there?? This sucks....

Frank (Impulse III)

Edited by impulseII on October 02 2006 at 07:30

bridog2
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 08:49 | IP Logged Quote bridog2

Hey Frank. Yeah that really stinks. I think your right about being fed up. What a shame. Maybe it's just a short term thing. I hope.

Edited by bridog2 on October 02 2006 at 09:06

skipbarnes
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 09:25 | IP Logged Quote skipbarnes

Im puzzled - I'm was rookie member of SRO - there were a couple of replies to one of my posts last night and I never got to see what they were 

So what happened that made Jeremy bolt? I never saw the BS (at least anything more than usual)?

What a shame, it's a fantastic resource. By all means, let's hope it's temporary.

y.i. Otter
1988 Searay 340DA

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
                -Hanlon's Razor
Back to Top Printable version View skipbarnes's Profile Search for other posts by skipbarnes

chuck1
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 10:04 | IP Logged Quote chuck1

I'm sure he got feed up with the garbage. I know I would have! Hope we hear something soon as his email said. It only takes a few to messup a great thing. I think Dave S summed it it in his post last night.  SRO is a great resource don't know how many tips I've picked up from it. Thanks everybody for the info and tips.

2006 240 SunDeck MS Judy
350 MAG MPI BR3
North GA Mountains
Back to Top Printable version View chuck1's Profile Search for other posts by chuck1

teekster
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 10:14 | IP Logged Quote teekster

Is this the new gathering place?

ImpulseIII
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 10:46 | IP Logged Quote ImpulseIII

Teekster, I have it feeling that it just might be. At least for the time being.

MLauman
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 11:14 | IP Logged Quote MLauman

Sure caught me by surprise. He (Jeremy) just put all that effort into revamping the site so something mus have really ticked him off. What 'garbage' are you guys referring to? Something specific? And what was the gist of DaveS's post?

I sure hope this can be salvaged.

Back to Top Printable version View MLauman's Profile Search for other posts by MLauman

amex
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 11:33 | IP Logged Quote amex

After all the work Jeremy just recently put in to update the look and
feel, what a shame.
Anybody has any idea how to resurrect that platform?
Back to Top Printable version View amex's Profile Search for other posts by amex

dominic9
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 12:04 | IP Logged Quote dominic9

Hey Frank....I came "lurking" around after I got the email this morning......too bad about SRO......I sure do hope it is only a short term outage....

later,

dom

AKA OSD9

ImpulseIII
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 13:24 | IP Logged Quote ImpulseIII

Hey Dom, I wouldn't count on it being short term. I think Jeremy had had about enough grief. Seems it only takes a few to undo what so many of us tried to make great!  Oh well....I guess thats the way. Moved the boat last week so good by Barnegat.......What's the chance of you guys cruising to the Chesapeake next season ??

2003Searay200BR
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 16:49 | IP Logged Quote 2003Searay200BR

I sure hope he brings it back.  It was a great forum.  I know Jeremy had some difficulty with his new boat but I think they fixed everything to his satisfaction.

Widowmaker

Back to Top Printable version View 2003Searay200BR's Profile Search for other posts by 2003Searay200BR

Scholarship
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 17:36 | IP Logged Quote Scholarship

I had only been an SRO member for a few months prior to buying my Sea Ray in September but it had already becme an invaluable resource.  Having access to that knowledge base was so helpful.  I too hope it returns soon.

2004 Sea Ray 280
Back to Top Printable version View Scholarship's Profile Search for other posts by Scholarship

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 19:47 | IP Logged Quote slack250

Hey guys, glad to see that some of ya'll made the move.  I emailed Jeremy, well I replied to his email, asking what it would take for me to take over SRO.com.  There's just too much info, contacts, members, etc. to let it all go.  If anyone knows a direct email for him, please let him know and to contact me! 

Regards,

Jim Slack   code3racing@comcast.net   214.405.6352

Bulldog86
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 21:15 | IP Logged Quote Bulldog86

Whew,

Thought I'd lost you guys!  I sent a note to Jeremy and to fwebster to find out what transpired.....I sure will miss the best boat board on the web if Jeremy doesn't get it back online.  Recommend we all e-mail as many SROers thatwe are in contact with and designate this as our temporary cyber transient dock.  I have fwebster, jlevin, ylwjacket, PN, Dancin Dave, FC3, and a few other e-mails and I will vector them here.

Frank, you coming to Solomons this weekend? 

regards,Skip

Back to Top Printable version View Bulldog86's Profile Search for other posts by Bulldog86

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 21:17 | IP Logged Quote slack250

Does anyone know Jeremy's direct email or telephone number?

STIHLBOLTS
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 21:28 | IP Logged Quote STIHLBOLTS

Slack. leave Jeremy alone.

Back to Top Printable version View STIHLBOLTS's Profile Search for other posts by STIHLBOLTS

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 21:31 | IP Logged Quote slack250

Hey Stihlbolts, not trying to bug anyone, just trying to help w/ SRO.com.

thunderbird1
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 21:45 | IP Logged Quote thunderbird1

SRO was a great information resource.  Thank you Jeremy for sponsoring the board.  Thanks also to members for your collective wisdom and for helping new boaters like myself climb the learning curve. 

Shame on you Sea Ray for not putting your full support behind Jeremy and the SRO community.

Back to Top Printable version View thunderbird1's Profile Search for other posts by thunderbird1

J Levine
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 21:45 | IP Logged Quote J Levine

Hello to all, the former Ayjlevin here, now corrected to just J Levine.  I guess this is where we are to meet and lament about what happend to the SRO? Major bummer.

CAP10PAT
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 21:49 | IP Logged Quote CAP10PAT

Hello all from Cap10Pat.  I'm afraid this is permanent.  I've been a regular on the BoatUS board too and only tonight noticed the BoatGroups forums.   I should say that some months ago I posted on SRO that if the site should go down we should all meet on the BoatUS boards. Despite Dave's reply message to the contrary at the time, here we are!

Jeremy, thanks for so many good nights - and days. Especially those long ones between projects as a computer consultant. And they can be long.  And, I too considered offering help or takeover of the boards.  But I have a feeling the problems were even worse than described.  Anyway, Jeremy, Great Job.

Back to Top Printable version View CAP10PAT's Profile Search for other posts by CAP10PAT

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 22:02 | IP Logged Quote slack250

If there's a will, there's a way! 

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, but I would be happy to purchase a new domain, or purchase sro.com, host a new forum, website, etc. (I've already called in a few favors to see what can be done).  The important thing is to be able to have a data dump from SRO.com to a new site, therefore preserving the invaluable information. 

If legal issues are a problem, I'm in law enforcement and can call in some favors.  If money is the issue, I'm sure we all will agree to once again pay a small yearly amount.  If privacy would be an issue in the data dump, this too can be worked through. 

Let's no speculate what has happened to or with Jeremy, just let him know how much we appreciate the idea or SRO.COM, the hard work, time, dedication, investment, etc. he has put forth for SRO.COM.

SAVE SRO.COM

Regards,

Jim

Dotty Sea
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 22:13 | IP Logged Quote Dotty Sea

I'm all for saving SRO.com in the short time I've been a member it's
been GREAT - a website both the financee and I like to go to!   
Her take on it is that it somehow had something to do with the Sea
Ray questionaire that just got sent around. I hope she's wrong.
We're in for hanging out here till something gets decided. I was only
partially through the archives.

Back to Top Printable version View Dotty Sea's Profile Search for other posts by Dotty Sea

First Born
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 22:36 | IP Logged Quote First Born

Hey guys great to see you all!!!!

Wesley

Edited by First Born on October 02 2006 at 22:45

chuck1
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 22:55 | IP Logged Quote chuck1

OK Wesley you are a man of many talents you just posted to the other form at the same time you posted here. I need to know how you do it 

Not sure I can stay on top of so many forms.

2006 240 SunDeck MS Judy
350 MAG MPI BR3
North GA Mountains
Back to Top Printable version View chuck1's Profile Search for other posts by chuck1

teekster
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 22:58 | IP Logged Quote teekster

other forum?

KIMO
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 22:59 | IP Logged Quote KIMO

Kimo here.  We miss you  Jeremy.  GIANT thanks for everything.

Glad to see a few of us are finding each other here, but I miss SRO!

Back to Top Printable version View KIMO's Profile Search for other posts by KIMO

STIHLBOLTS
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 23:01 | IP Logged Quote STIHLBOLTS

BoaterEd is turning into a slug feast and "I know better than you" thread.  The regular BoatUS has some trolls that crawled in the cracks.  Darn shame.

Alex got under my skin over there.  Enough is enough.

Anyway onward and upward.  Good to see ya'll here too.

Back to Top Printable version View STIHLBOLTS's Profile Search for other posts by STIHLBOLTS

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 23:21 | IP Logged Quote slack250

From BoaterEd:  I tried to reach him.
I did a “WhoIs” on the URL, called the phone number and a guy answered. I asked if he was Jeremy but the person asked what it was about. I said I was a member of SRO and would he give or sell the data so I could upload it as a resource. The person said I had the wrong number. I repeated the number back to him as listed on the “WhoIs” results and he verified that is his number but he said he had nothing to do with SRO. He then said a different name. Like Jason or something.

There are many new domains available: Officialsearayowner.com, thesearayowner.com etc. 

I'll purchase in the morning if I have ya'lls support.

Regards n gnite

Jim

First Born
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 23:26 | IP Logged Quote First Born

Quote: chuck1

OK Wesley you are a man of many talents you just posted to the other form at the same time you posted here. I need to know how you do it 

Chuck it is the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, I tell you those things are magic.

amex
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 23:43 | IP Logged Quote amex

@ Slack and others:

If Brunswick had something to do with it, may be a .org makes them
less paranoid. Just a thought
Back to Top Printable version View amex's Profile Search for other posts by amex

thunderbird1
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 23:55 | IP Logged Quote thunderbird1

How could Brunswick not have factored into Jeremy's decision?  I am SO disappointed at Sea Ray for missing an opportunity to support an enthusiastic community of owners.

boatrboy
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 02 2006 at 23:57 | IP Logged Quote boatrboy

My family was looking for a support group for my withdrawel.  They started saying:

"Hi, my name is Mark"  --- Hi Mark  --- "I just lost my friends at SRO.com"  ---- Tell us about it Mark---

I am glad to find ya'all.  I was thinking that the Searay survey must have turned up that the website was a source for info on Sea Rays and caused a rub, but I should know better than to speculate.  I am very sorry this happened as I too really appreciated the great technical insight from very knowledgeable guys. 

I hope the site re-appears....

Back to Top Printable version View boatrboy's Profile Search for other posts by boatrboy

Dotty Sea
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 00:16 | IP Logged Quote Dotty Sea

I think it's a damn shame after all the work that Jeremy put into that
site - which was one very nice forum site, that this had to happen but
the best thing we could all do is carry on - sure will miss all the info
that was on that site though

Back to Top Printable version View Dotty Sea's Profile Search for other posts by Dotty Sea

yachtjim
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 00:20 | IP Logged Quote yachtjim

There has been a Sea Ray owners group online at www.clubsearay.com since 03/04.  
Back to Top Printable version View yachtjim's Profile Search for other posts by yachtjim

PeterMvdb
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 04:32 | IP Logged Quote PeterMvdb

Hello you Guys,

My wife asks me if I am sick.....

Yes we miss SRO.

Hope Jeremy gives SRO one more chance.

Peter

dominic9
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 08:43 | IP Logged Quote dominic9

Quote: thunderbird1

How could Brunswick not have factored into Jeremy's decision?  I am SO disappointed at Sea Ray for missing an opportunity to support an enthusiastic community of owners.

I feel the same way....I sure would like to know if Brunswick is somehow involved with the end of SRO.....

AKA OSD9

Edited by dominic9 on October 03 2006 at 08:45

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 08:52 | IP Logged Quote slack250

Amex, you make a good point.  Maybe if we take SeaRay out of the name all together, who knows.  I have found free software for a new forum.  We can call it what ever we decide on.  I'm not sure if we'll be able to migrate the information from the old SRO website, but we'll have to wait for Jeremy to respond.  If you guys are up to it, we can start this almost immediately.  As for right now, I don't see why I can't do it for almost and probably nothing from you guys.  I could possibly work on some website advertising or sponsorship to pay for any future costs (website hosting, etc).

Lemme know!

Regards,

Jim

DavidS-AJ
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 09:15 | IP Logged Quote DavidS-AJ

Quote: STIHLBOLTS

BoaterEd is turning into a slug feast and "I know better than you" thread.  The regular BoatUS has some trolls that crawled in the cracks.  Darn shame.

Alex got under my skin over there.  Enough is enough.

Anyway onward and upward.  Good to see ya'll here too.

Hey guys I'm glad I found some of you here. I wish there was a way to know who is who. Some of the screen names are the same but I remember your signature pictures as much anything else.

I hope everyone will give Jeremy a break. As far as someone rushing to "buy SRO" or hound Jeremy, don't be vultures. If it was "for sale" or for "sell out" don't you think that Jeremy would have done so by now. You have made your positions clear so let it go for now and let Jeremy decide what he is going to do. It sounds like some did't get the 2nd e-mail for Premier Members that says that we should hear from Jeremy in the next week. A few on the B.E. forum were already questioning what's going to happen to the dues. I got my $20 worth a long time ago, he can keep my money. If all Jeremy wanted to do was to make a few bucks don't you think we would have seen ads plastered all over everthing by now. If Jeremy wanted to just dump everything don't you think he would have the first time Brunswick approached him.  The bigger the site got the more legal issues there were to consider I'm sure. I doubt very seriously that everything will be lost but if he pulled the plug and walked away after some of the trash that was printed the days leading up to and especially Sunday night I wouldn't blame him.

I think it would be helpful if you aren't using your SRO screen name to refrence it here, maybe in your signature. I was glad to see Sthil's boat pic again! This isn't SRO but knowing who is who makes it a little easier.

Thank You to the Owners of this forum for letting us meet up here.

DavidS 

Back to Top Printable version View DavidS-AJ's Profile Search for other posts by DavidS-AJ

Icewoz
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 09:34 | IP Logged Quote Icewoz

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm here now after finding out about this site on BE.  I didn't even know BoatUS had this since I usually hung out at BE and SRO.

I've been to the clubsearay.com site, but it doesn't seem to be as active as SRO was.

Is someone collecting emails of everyone that's interested in the new SRO so everyone can be contacted.

slack250
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2006 at 09:45 | IP Logged Quote slack250

I have very few emails, like 3 so if someone has a list, please hold on to it if we choose to make a new forum.

]
] ]
3 Pages 1 2 3

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version