View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Wellcraft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Wellcraft
Subject Topic: NOT HAPPY - 2005 29 Coastal Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
CABMAN
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 11 2006 at 18:59 | IP Logged Quote CABMAN

I HAVE A 2005 29COASTAL SO FAR MY PRESSURE WATER SYSTEM PUMP QUIT, MY REMOTE SPOT LIGHT QUIT OPERATING PROPERLY, THE ANCHOR WINDLESS QUIT (DOYOU KNOW WHERE THE RESET-FUSE- WAS LOCATED??),I JUST HAD THE GENERATER REPLACED, AND NOW THE ELECTRONICS (RADAR-SONAR-GPS) ARE NOTWORKING PROPERLY. DOES RAY MARINE HAVE ANY FIELD SERVICE HELP? HENEEDLESS TO SAY I'M NOT OVERJOYED WITH MY CHOICE OF BOATS SO FAR.  I HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH MY 2800...

HELP

CABMAN

Coralkong
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 21 2006 at 20:29 | IP Logged Quote Coralkong

Absolutely NONE of those things are manufactured by Wellcraft.

Complain where it is applicable.

Back to Top Printable version View Coralkong's Profile Search for other posts by Coralkong

CABMAN
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 21 2006 at 23:39 | IP Logged Quote CABMAN

the products that failed were installed at the factory..kohler replaced the generator, my insurance replaced my water pump. WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ONE OF MY CARS THE DEALER CORRECTS IT AT ONCE THEY DON'T TELL ME THE PART WAS NOT MANUFACTURED BY THE AUTO MANUFACTER.

MY CONCERN WAS THAT A BOAT THAT COST AS MUCH AS THE 29 COASTAL SHOULD HAVE QUALITY PRODUCTS THRU OUT.  

Back_steps
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 22 2006 at 15:32 | IP Logged Quote Back_steps

Well welcome to the world of boating. A boat builder installs whatever the market wants, the quality of the installation is another story. Quality of item in general has gone down over the last decade, a lot of parts are made oversea and are inferior to what we expect. But the cost is right so people buy them, I believe you have hear, "You get what you pay for".

Wellcraft as of many  mass producter of boats, use the cheapest unit that they can get away with, to max out their profit. My 2000 230 Fisherman had one of the cheapest bilge pump in the world installed. The type that can not be ran dry, guess what the switch kicked on the pump and it seized. So Miller's Landing replaced the pump and it happened again, now to add insult to injury, the moron that worked on it, add slice of wire in the circuit and use straight copper wire, which was probed to fine the problem, leaving a small hole in the jacket which allow salt water in, and turn the copper wire into a pretty green powder.  So the best thing is to do your own work or watch the person working on the boat like a hawk.

I myself, I'm in the middle of rewiring the whole darn boat, with all tin plated copper,  I added a second bilge pump primary is a 2500 rule and backup is a 3500 rule, move the common connection (buss bar + and - )to the center consol to keep them out of the bilge area. There are other things I'm doing, but I do not wish to bore you...

Good luck

Craig

Vinnie
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 06 2006 at 12:34 | IP Logged Quote Vinnie

I'm a little upset.  I just bought a 2007 290 Coastal.  Did I make a mistake?

chazpc
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 06 2006 at 18:39 | IP Logged Quote chazpc

Quote: Vinnie
I'm a little upset.  I just bought a 2007 290 Coastal.  Did I make a mistake?

VINNIE I BOUGHT A 2006 290 COASTAL AND HAVE HAD ON PROBLEM WITH ANYTHING GO OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH YOUR NEW BOAT

Back to Top Printable version View chazpc's Profile Search for other posts by chazpc

chazpc
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 07 2006 at 12:09 | IP Logged Quote chazpc

vinnie please let me know how you like your new boat after you run it for awileSmile    

CHARLIE

Edited by chazpc on October 07 2006 at 12:10
Back to Top Printable version View chazpc's Profile Search for other posts by chazpc

Vinnie
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 09 2006 at 09:27 | IP Logged Quote Vinnie

Hi Charlie,

Will do, but I won't get delivery until March.  What do you own?

Vinnie

Vinnie
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 09 2006 at 09:29 | IP Logged Quote Vinnie

Hi Charlie,

Forgive me. I'm new to the site.  I just saw where you posted your boat info.  Thanks for the feedback.

Vinnie

chazpc
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 09 2006 at 18:20 | IP Logged Quote chazpc

Vinnie hope you have a great time with your new boat when you get it I was out this weekend and had a great time.When you get your new boat where will you keep it?

Charlie

Vinnie
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 10 2006 at 10:40 | IP Logged Quote Vinnie

Hi Charlie,

That's the question of the week.  Right now I'm not sure.  It's hard to find slips here on the Jersey Shore.  I have a few options though.

It looks like either Sea Bright, Gateway Marina in The Highlands or Monmouth Cove Marina in Port Monmouth.  I should know in about a month.

I want to get a slip with a floating dock abeam so it's easier to board the boat, but most marinas don't have that.  I am worried about my daughters with their children (2 less than 1 year old now), and my wife's elderly parents, boarding and slipping.

Where do you keepyour boat?  Do you have trouble boarding?

Vinnie

chazpc
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 10 2006 at 18:57 | IP Logged Quote chazpc

Hi Vinnie

Wright now I have a slip in Seawern in Smiths creek .Not sure about next year yet. Hope to stay right here. Where did you buy your boat? Hope to see you out on the bay when you get your boat.

CHARLIE

Vinnie
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 11 2006 at 10:41 | IP Logged Quote Vinnie

Hi Charlie,

I bought it from Atlantic Yacht in Sea Bright but I actually signed the papers at the Jersey City Boat Show.  I met the Wellcraft rep there.  He was very helpful.

I plan to be out in the Raritan Bay by April 1st next year.  Maybe we'll see each other.  We can pick a bouy to meet at.

Where is Seawern?

Vinnie

chazpc
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 11 2006 at 17:24 | IP Logged Quote chazpc

Hi Vinnie bought my boat from the same place and now I work for them ,I was at the Edison show that weekend.They are a great dealer thats why I started to work for them. Seawern is north of Sandy Hook up Raritan Bay then turn right up the river under the Outter Bridgefor about 1mile you will see a small creek on the left.WE should get together some time

Smile   CHARLIEApprove

Vinnie
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 11 2006 at 17:45 | IP Logged Quote Vinnie

Hi Charlie,

Wow, you're close. I live in Hazlet. My daughter's getting married this Sunday so things are crazy now.  Maybe after that we can get together.

Do you work for Atlantic Yacht in Sea Bright?  Joe is my sales rep but John also helped me.  I will be going there in the next week or so to review the options on my boat to see if there is anything else I want to add.  If you are there I'll say hello.

Vinnie

chazpc
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 12 2006 at 19:15 | IP Logged Quote chazpc

Hi Vinnie

Hope all goes well for you and your daughter on Sunday.We can get together any time you want to.I only work for Atlantic Yatch at boat shows but is a lot of fun I get to talk to a lot of people .When you see Joe or Jonh ask them for my phone number and give me a call,talk to yoiu soon.

CHARLIE

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version