View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Sea Ray
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Sea Ray
Subject Topic: 260 Dancer Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
moose
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 07 2006 at 19:21 | IP Logged Quote moose

OK let's get this started! All owners of 260 Dancers 2000 and up, how about comments good and bad about it. Maintenance, engines, options, etc. I have an '04 with everything and so far so good as usual. This is my 4th SeaRay and I'm still committed. Anyone with questions is welcome. I'll try and help. One comment is regarding TaylorMade's hatch. Has anyone noticed marks(looks like etching but is smooth) on the cover? I've tried everything there is to remove without success. TaylorMade suggested everything from vinegar to alcohol. Nothing works! Look forward to all comments.

thunderbird1
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 16 2006 at 00:32 | IP Logged Quote thunderbird1

Our boat is a 2006 260 with 496 Mag and dealer-installed Westerbeke 5Kw generator.  2nd Sea Ray for us.  Great quality boat and engine!  Our dealer has been terrific working with us through the punch list.  We've had a few problems with the genset, but we're working thru it.  For our family of 4, the 260 is the perfect size and we've been camping overnight nearly every weekend.  We absolutely love the AC, Microwave, and Sirius radio.  I'll look at my hatch this weekend to see if I can find marks.

Moose:  You didn't mention which engine you have?

Back to Top Printable version View thunderbird1's Profile Search for other posts by thunderbird1

moose
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 16 2006 at 19:13 | IP Logged Quote moose

You got a great boat! Changes were made in cockpit config starting in 2005. my engine is only the 350 MAG, so I know the 496 MAG can haul. The 350 is slightly underpowered for the weight, although I'm not trying to race around and break speed records. I get about 34-35(depending upon load). How about the 496? I've got the Kohler genset, never a problem(320 hrs). I'm sure you won't see any marks on your hatch cover, this probably happens over time, especially if you keep her under cover(maybe a tin roof at the marina). But keep checking. Keep in touch if you need to.

charlieft
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 22 2006 at 21:52 | IP Logged Quote charlieft

I just traded for a 2004 260 sundancer.  Mine has the 350 Magnum 300hp engine.  I was surprised that the engine is not fresh water cooled.  I'm considering having the kit installed, but the dealer told me that it was unnecessary.  Any thoughts on this topic?  Do you have the fresh water cooling system?

-Charlie

Back to Top Printable version View charlieft's Profile Search for other posts by charlieft

Dave SR
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 25 2006 at 06:18 | IP Logged Quote Dave SR

I've had my 2006 260DA for about 6 weeks now and I am extremly happy with it. Mine is also powered with the 350mag. It cruises nicely in the 28-30mph range which is fine with me. Ours is equipped with basically everything except a Windlass and a Generator. I may add a generator later but right now because of the type of boating we are doing, we don't really need one.

We've just had minor issues with ours and the dealer has addressed them as they came up. The only thing I regret is waiting so long to make the move to the 260DA.

Oldfloat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 01 2007 at 19:38 | IP Logged Quote Oldfloat

We have 2002 260 and just love it.  I have had it about 3 yrs. now and boat around Morehead City and the cape.  Great weekend boat.  Everything just works!  I hope everyone else has the same good luck with their 260s.

gjackson
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 02 2007 at 10:48 | IP Logged Quote gjackson

We have an '04 260 w/ 350/300hp. Like "Dave SR" we have everything but gen & windless.  Actually prefer no windless as I feel the ole fashioned way is better & much quicker.  Have better felling with my hands as well.  We did have our dealer install an amp with 6 additional rockin speakers.  What a difference. Enjoy Sirius as well & have also had a Satellite TV outlet installed so we can watch TV in our slip in the evenings & on crappy days.  We have noticed a nagging "squeaking/rubbing" noise coming from the floor when we walk over it on hot days.  Dealer keeps trying to eliminate...but still present a bit.  We're pretty happy with our 260 BUT will definitely upgrade to something in the 32'+ range for our next boat.  Just not enough room to keep my bride content when we're both below.

Happy & Safe Boating

"Gabby Girl"

Back to Top Printable version View gjackson's Profile Search for other posts by gjackson

Davec
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 03 2007 at 14:00 | IP Logged Quote Davec

We have a 2001 260 that we purchased preowned in 2005 and once we got past an initial outdirve issue, everything has been fine.  I think an upgrade to a little larger boat is in our future and a Sea Ray will most likely our choice.  Not sure it's worth adding a generator and fresh water cooling to this boat.  I have the 5.7 EFI and while it isn't the fastest boat on the water, it is pretty economical.   

Alegrias
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 14 2007 at 22:07 | IP Logged Quote Alegrias

This year I bought a new 2006 260DA. I love it. It's loaded with all the options, Kohler genset and 496mag. We trailer it. So far this year, I've got 15k miles on the trailer and 100 hours on the boat. We've had it in Florida twice, the St. Lawrence, Lake Ontario, Lake Winnepesauki and out to Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard.

I have had several issues with it though. The dealer is great and has been extremely responsive. I just feel that the list of things to fix has gotten too long so soon in the life of a new boat. Some items have been gelcoat issues, Engine Control Module (ECM), seam behind rub rail on port side let loose and water leaked into cabin in heavy seas, upgraded stereo was installed with steel screws in the cockpit. They rusted and we had to have them put in stainless screws. And quite a few smaller (less serious items) that have kept them busy.

Otherwise, the boat has been fabulous. We have 3 kids, plenty of room for all 5 of us plus our large dog.

Well off to another location this weekend.

Cheers,

Alegrias

Back to Top Printable version View Alegrias's Profile Search for other posts by Alegrias

Perspective
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 24 2007 at 19:32 | IP Logged Quote Perspective

I am new to the forum, however I have been reading and following some of the posts for a while now.

Thunderbird1, I know it has been quite sometime since your post, but if you happen to see this reply would you be kind enough to let me know what kind of problems you had with the genset.

I purchased a 2000 260DA this summer with only 130 hours on it and really like the boat, but I have had a nightmare with the genset and cannot get any help from the Searay Dealer in my area. It has a Koheler 5KW that I believe to be factory installed. It keeps ingesting water and hydrolocking the motor.

If anyone has experienced a similar situation please let me know.

I have made a number of corrections to the exhaust and cooloing system without much change.

Thanks,

TG

Back to Top Printable version View Perspective's Profile Search for other posts by Perspective

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version