Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Murray Chris Craft Constellations
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 149 » 150
Last Post By: David Ross

Posted: March 14 2014 at: 17:23

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

View Last Post 1963 Constellation 42
Last Post By: eshover

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:19

View Last Post 2000 Gulfstream 232
Last Post By: DanDDan
Forum: Grady-White

Posted: January 30 2014 at: 11:01

View Last Post Catalina Owners
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 191 » 192
Last Post By: Happy Hour III

Posted: January 18 2014 at: 20:11

View Last Post 50 amp question
Last Post By: Pats2nd Connie

Posted: January 13 2014 at: 17:57

View Last Post Leaving boat
Last Post By: Pats2nd Connie

Posted: January 13 2014 at: 08:17

]
] ]

Uniflite
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Uniflite
Subject Topic: Uni Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
2 Pages 1 2
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
DAVID KRAUS
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 15 2007 at 13:17 | IP Logged Quote DAVID KRAUS

Hi

Just Dave again. I am seeing if my picture is any smaller

David Kraus
23ft hardtop cruiser
Wishfull Thinkin
Back to Top Printable version View DAVID KRAUS's Profile Search for other posts by DAVID KRAUS

Alan Larson
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 05 2008 at 23:56 | IP Logged Quote Alan Larson

Quote: Delaware Jim

Hello all - another refugee from UnifliteWorld!  I own a 1984 36' aft cabin - repowered with 454 Crusaders from the original 350's.  I am using the boat this winter as a weekday "liveaboard" in the Baltimore Inner Harbor.  Home port is Georgetown MD on the Sassafras River.  Owned "In the Mood" for 4 years - it was a project boat when purchased and ALMOST finished...

I'll try to be a regular here and help when I can.  I have most of the original documents (including blueprints of the electrical systems and the original "generic" Uniflite Owners Manual (unfortunately the binder was too far gone, but the docs were intact...) and all Onan genny manuals.  If I can help a fellow Uniflite owner out, please let me know!

Delaware Jim

We just purchased a 1973 36' DC from a marina in the Seattle area and had it bardge up to Anchorage, Alaska.  It turned to be in pretty sound condition but looks to be pretty original condition.  No manuals what soever came with the ship.  I expect we can figgure out most things about it eventually but certainly would be willing to purchase a copy of whatever maintenace, parts, etc manuals are available.  It does still have the orignial Onan getset, etc.  Any help would be really appreciated!

Edited by Alan Larson on April 06 2008 at 00:02

B Jensen
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 06 2008 at 11:50 | IP Logged Quote B Jensen

Welcome Delaware Jim!  Been pretty quiet on this board. I subscribe so was pleasantly surprised when I saw a post.

I have a 36SS with the original 440's and I'm just finishing up replacing the fiberglass fuel tanks installed be the previous owner. I have some first hand experience with ethanol and fiberglass tanks so if anyone would like some info let me know and I would gladly share.

Brooke Jensen

36SS "Cherisse Marie"

Poquoson Va.

1970 Uniflite 36SS "Cherisse Marie"
Poquoson Va.
Back to Top Printable version View B Jensen's Profile Search for other posts by B Jensen

BoatRDavid
"Seaman"

Posted: April 06 2008 at 13:01 | IP Logged Quote BoatRDavid

Hello Delaware Jim.  I want to echo Brooke Jensen's first message to you by welcoming you to the forum and by mentioning how quite it has been here.  You should receive a lot of help with you Uniflite questions and needs.  We all have our issues to work on, mine mostly involve the Detroit Diesel 8.2L engines in my '84, 42 Double Cabin here in the San Francisco bay area.  My current issue is that in order for Flowscan to recommend one of their fuel sensors for my application, they want me to get the information from the "lift pumps" on my engine to determine the fuel flow range (a huge amount of diesel is circulated through the engine and back to the tank -- supposed to have something to do with cooling).  I need to know the same information (as opposed to the burn--gallons per hour) for filter selection.  Anyway, there is no way to "get information from the pumps".  And since there really is no Detroit Diesel any more, I have a lot of trouble getting information.  Most 8.2Ls are in school buses, old military trucks etc.  I have yet to find a local mechanic that is knowledgeable about this engine.  I could go on and on...  But, being part of this forum is and has been a help, as I'm sure it will be for you.  I recommend starting a new subject post about one of your issues so the responces will be specific.

BoatRDavid

Edited by BoatRDavid on April 06 2008 at 13:03

42 Uniflite SE II, Adventure
San Francisco Bay Area
Back to Top Printable version View BoatRDavid's Profile Search for other posts by BoatRDavid

Ron Dudas
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 06 2008 at 20:16 | IP Logged Quote Ron Dudas

Welcome Delaware Jim & all other new members I missed.  Ice is melted up here and I'll be geting her ready for launch soon.

I have been busy all winter after we got our restaurant back from a bad sale.  Trying to sell it one mor time.  For you old timers around here.  Rember when I fell on my boat last April on the first day?  Knocked out 5 disks and a hip.  Well all has healed after a long 9-10 months and I ready to get started again.  Rember the alarm I put on the boat?  I worked flaweselly all winter and texed my cell phone evert week givine me status.

Wish I had filled the fuel tanks at pull out last fall, but the water was down and didn't get to the fuel dock.  Now I need about 250-300 gal of diesel OUCH!!

Sure glad winter is over and this forum is showing activity.

"Teena Maria" 42' Uniflite DC/MY
Back to Top Printable version View Ron Dudas's Profile Search for other posts by Ron Dudas

Shellback22
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 06 2008 at 12:00 | IP Logged Quote Shellback22

Hi Everyone!

New to boating and the forum, looking forward to exchanging ideas, comments, whatever with you all. I'm the new owner of a 1980 37' Coastal Cruiser. She's on the Mississippi right now, bringing her up the Illinois to drydock and attend to some blister repair, bottom paint duties!

Brad

BoatRDavid
"Seaman"

Posted: May 06 2008 at 12:39 | IP Logged Quote BoatRDavid

Welcome Brad,

I think this is a great forum, but it doesn't get much traffic.  I don't know why since it has a much better structure than UnifliteWorld.  Sometimes I logon and post something just to stirr-up some discussion. 

What is the name of your Coastal Cruiser?  I have a database of the forum members.  I will post it sometime after I check to see if I missed anyone.  Actually, if I post it, those that I missed will probably let me know.

Enjoy the forum and I hope you can get some help from the rest of us.

DavidO

42 Uniflite SE II, Adventure
San Francisco Bay Area
Back to Top Printable version View BoatRDavid's Profile Search for other posts by BoatRDavid

Shellback22
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 06 2008 at 14:37 | IP Logged Quote Shellback22

Thanks David,

I'm looking forward to digging in and finishing the restoration my brother didn't get to finish. He passed away this past September and left me the boat. My son is 7 years old and mega-excited about the whole project, so that helps brighten up a somewhat somber situation.

As for names, the guy my brother bought her from lived in Virginia and it was named "K-C-ANN" then. My brother named her "La Mermesa Borracha" after some Mexican resort they used to frequent in the Gulf of Mexico, where he sailed. We have now named her "Moona" after the first word our son ever uttered as he looked out a window one night, pointing skyward.

I've got a huge collection of owners, service, and parts manuals that came with the boat so maybe I can help someone else out in that regard latter on. Hope to be an asset to the forum as well an inquistitor!

Brad

Delaware Jim
"Navigator"

Posted: May 10 2008 at 07:05 | IP Logged Quote Delaware Jim

To Alan Larsen,

I have been trying to send you some additional instruction manuals, but they are bouncing - pls contact me again so we can try another method, perhaps.

I am working on selling my 1984 36' aft cabin here im MD.  If anyone interested, pls see my website at <link removed>

Delaware Jim

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 23 2013 at 14:33

Marinewrench
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 31 2008 at 21:10 | IP Logged Quote Marinewrench

My names Brian, My wife and I bought our Uniflite May of 2007 at a Sea Scouts Auction. I am told its a 1962 express hard top, not sure if it is. I can not find any like it on the net, it has wrap around main salon windows is the biggest differance that I know of.

Brian

]
] ]
2 Pages 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version