Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When I'm ordering registration numbers, do I have to order a quantity of two?
A: No, all boat registration number orders come as a pair. One order will include two registration numbers: one for each side of your boat.
- Q: How long does it take to make my graphics?
A: All graphics are produced in 24 hours and shipped out the following business day, unless notified otherwise.
- Q: What are the average sizes for boat lettering?
A: The average lettering heights for most boat graphics order are between 4" and 8". For Documented vessels please check with the US Coast Guard (www.uscgboating.org)
- Q: I have my own design, can you use it?
A: Yes, we can produce custom graphics for you. Just email us the design at BoatGraphics@BoatUS.com and we will quote it for you.
- Q: How do I know what the colors will look like?
A: The preview on the design form is a true representation of what the colors will look like. You can also order free sample colors to your home so you can see the exact color of our vinyl. Click here to fill out a Color Sample Request
- Q: Do I want reflective vinyl?
A: The purpose of reflective vinyl is to be seen in the dark so if you do a lot of night boating, you may want to consider getting reflective vinyl. Reflective vinyl “lights up” in the dark if a light is shined on it, while standard does not. For an example, click here.
- Q: Will my graphics come in one piece or several pieces?
A: All boat graphics with be in a one piece application unless specified in the Special Instructions section of your shopping cart.
- Q: I ordered something years ago, do you still have the order on file?
A: We have archives dating back to 2005.
- Q: How do I add an accent mark or other special characters to my graphic?
A: Go here and copy (highlight and right click “copy”) one of the special characters then paste (right click “paste”) it into the text field on the designer form. NOTE: Not all fonts support special characters. If a character doesn't appear in the preview window, the font doesn't support it.
- Q: I would like to take advantage of your discount, how do I become a BoatUS Member?
A: You can join BoatUS by visiting www.BoatUS.com/join or by calling the Membership Department at 1-800-395-2628. You can also join at any West Marine store.
- Q: I forgot my BoatUS Member number.
A: To look up your Member number, please click here.
- Q: My new BoatUS Member number won't work, what do I do?
- Q: I live outside the United States; can you ship the graphics to me?
Yes, Please call or email us to place your order.
- Q: How much is shipping?
A: We offer flat rate shipping:
$5.95 USPS Parcel Post
$7.95 FedEx Ground
$12.50 FedEx Second Day Air
$23.50 FedEx Next Day Air
For more information, visit our Shipping page
- Q: Which method of installation is the best?
A: The Dry Method of installation is best. To view all installation instructions, click here
- Q: How do I remove old graphics?
A: Please see our installation page for removing and applying graphics.
- Q: What happens if I mess up my order during installation?
A: No need to worry, we offer a 30-day Oops Assurance Guarantee which is covered on every graphics order. Any letters or graphics damaged during installation, will be replaced and shipped free of charge.
- Q: Can your graphics be applied to other things besides your boat?
A: Yes, all of our graphics can stick to a wide range of materials and objects as long as the surface area where the vinyl is being applied is a smooth, flat surface. NOTE: Vinyl will NOT stick to inflatable boats. A lettering stencil kit for your inflatable can be purchased at your local West Marine store.