BoatUS’ blogs were created to promote a learning environment, and to discuss all things boating. This service is free to Members. Guests and visitors may read all the blogs and subscribe to RSS feeds, but are unable to respond to blogs. You must be a BoatUS Member to post your own blog or post a comment to a blog.
If you are a BoatUS Member and wish to start your own Blog, just send an email to Blogger@BoatUS.com with your name, Member Number and a summary or theme of what you want to Blog about (i.e. a special trip you’re making on your boat, a weekly or bi-weekly boating blog, a special Star Clipper cruise or another Cruise). We will get back to you within 1 business day.
Please take a moment to read the BoatUS Blog’s policies. Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as a legitimate excuse for these policies.
In order to maintain a friendly, pleasant and learning atmosphere, we have implemented some rules of conduct. We reserve the right to edit these rules from time to time without prior notice. The following are considered forum violations:
- Any posts which are profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, sexually oriented, ethnocentric, threatening, flaming, vulgar, or mocking in nature.
- Personal attacks, victimization, retaliation, or hateful posts against anyone.
- Extensive topic deviation (includes political debates). Please keep blogs and blog comments related to boating or traveling or else the blog or blog comments may be closed or even deleted.
- Nudity, pornographic, or macabre material.
- Advertising of products or services without BoatUS prior consent. Send an email to blogger for consideration.
- Anything else deemed inappropriate by the BoatUS Administrators and Moderators.
We will remove, edit, move or close any thread due to these violations, and any other action deemed inappropriate by BoatUS. Please respect the decision of the administrators and moderators to maintain these forum rules.
If you feel a post violates any of these rules, please send an email to bloger@BoatUS.com with a link to the page and a description of the violation.
BoatUS is not responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any Blogs or comments. Users are solely responsible for the content of their messages, and agree to hold harmless this forum and its agents, with respect to any claim based upon any post made. We reserve the right to reveal user information, in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any messages posted by the user.
The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that Web Sites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. If you are below 13 then you can NOT use this forum. Do NOT register if you are below the age of 13.
Failure to observe this forum’s policies may result in actions including but not limited to: negative moderation, editing or deletion of posts, or closing of accounts.
By registering and using this website, you agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies. If you agree, then click on the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page and you will be taken to a page to register, if not click on the 'Cancel' button to exit the site.