Toms Tips About Our Wakes
By Tom Neale - Published September 06, 2013 - Viewed 2202 times
1. Some talk about leaving clean wakes, which is good. But it's also important to leave gentle or no wakes when we can.
2. Wakes made by boats are often different from the wind waves to which banks have been "accustomed" for eons.
3. Wakes made by boats also, depending on your location, more frequently impact the shoreline than natural wind waves.
4. Some boats are even designed to throw extra wakes for wake surfing; these should be used in appropriate areas where their wakes do no harm to persons or property.
5. It will benefit us all if we're mindful of what our wakes can do and, when we want to make them, make them where they do no harm.
Boating and water sports involve risk. Any comments herein should be followed at your own risk. You assume all responsibility for risk or injury to yourself or others. Any person or entity that uses this information in any way, as a condition of that use, agrees to waive and does waive and also hold authors harmless from any and all claims which may arise from or be related to that use.
There are 0 blog comments.
Sorry there are no blog comments.
|Post Blog Comments|
Sorry but you must be logged in to submit comments.