Toms Tips About Keeping Up With Shore News
By Tom Neale - Published August 18, 2011 - Viewed 631 times
Tom’s Tips About Keeping Up With Shore News
1. With new HD TV and a mast top antenna that’ll bring it in, we’ve found that it’s much easier to get good news and other info from land based TV stations as we travel up and down the coast. And we get many more stations.
2. We’ve even found that we seldom plug in to cable when we tie at a marina, because we seldom need to with the new HD services.
3. We still have satellite TV capability, and that’s invaluable in exceptionally remote anchorages, particularly in areas such as the Bahamas and even some places along the east coast.
4. SSB and other long range receivers are relatively inexpensive to bring in news from far offshore.
5. Cruisers’ Nets can also be helpful. Tune in and listen, even if you don’t talk.
Go to www.tomneale.com for other information
Boating and water sports involve risk. Any comments herein should be followed at your own risk. You assume all responsibility for risk or injury to yourself or others. Any person or entity that uses this information in any way, as a condition of that use, agrees to waive and does waive and also hold authors harmless from any and all claims which may arise from or be related to that use.
There are 0 blog comments.
Sorry there are no blog comments.
|Post Blog Comments|
Sorry but you must be logged in to submit comments.