By Tom Neale - Published January 21, 2011 - Viewed 747 times
1. When we first began full time cruising we bathed in the ocean using dish washing soap because it would lather even in salt water. We didn’t do this for long.
2. Sea water in anchorages in the Bahamas, Keys and Caribbean isn’t always very clean.
3. It may be clean if a strong current is washing through from the open ocean, but then you may have to worry about getting swept away---or having your bottle of soap getting swept away.
4. We also found that everyday cuts and scratches wouldn’t heal well and would often develop into sores because of the constant immersion in sea water—even though we rinsed with fresh water afterwards.
5. Some people take to this more readily than others. Don’t assume it’ll work for you unless you’ve tried it for at least several weeks and all is OK with your skin.
Go to www.tomneale.com for other information
Boating and water sports involve risk. Any comments herein should be followed at your own risk. You assume all responsibility for risk or injury to yourself or others. Any person or entity that uses this information in any way, as a condition of that use, agrees to waive and does waive and also hold authors harmless from any and all claims which may arise from or be related to that use.
Copyright 2004-2011 Tom Neale
There are 0 blog comments.
Sorry there are no blog comments.
|Post Blog Comments|
Sorry but you must be logged in to submit comments.