• Contact Claims: 1-800-937-1937
  • Get a Free Quote: 1-800-283-2883
  • 1-800-245-2628
  • 9AM - 5PM EST
  • 1-800-365-5636
Viewing Blog

View All Blogs | View Blogs by John Jaeger | View Blogs in Cruising Log

Tags for We left early

Hurricane  Crusing  

<- Previous Blog by John Jaeger | Next Blog by John Jaeger ->

We left early

By John Jaeger - Published September 04, 2008 - Viewed 2109 times

We got an early start and left on Wednesday night instead of waiting for Thursday evening. George, the final crew member, got to the boat at about 8 and we were underway by 9:20 p.m. 

The idea is that we get 12 hours further away from the hurricane and further up the coast. Our current plan, if things hold is to go inside of long island, up the east river through NY. We will most likely be stopping tomorrow (Friday) at about 5:00 p.m. All the marine forecasts call for “excitement” beinning late Friday or early Saturday. I plan on making two marina reservations in New Jersey in order to give us some choice in the event things change….which they inevitably will.
Last night went well. Weather is fine. In fact, this morning we have pretty much no wind. We are going to motor sail all the way to make sure we make maximum speed.
All for now.
John, Diana, Captain Jim and George

Blog Comments

There are 1 blog comments.

Comment by Hugh Mulzac | Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 at 12:54:35 PM

Looks like everything is starting off well. I look forward to reading your next entry. Good luck and be safe. -H 

Post Blog Comments

Sorry but you must be logged in to submit comments.