"Catch of the Month" Photo Contest Rules
- Photos of you holding your Freshwater or Saltwater catch -
Digital color photos are preferred. Maximum image size is 2MB; high
resolution "jpg" or "tif" files are best. No replicas or mounted
Click Here to submit all digital photos and catch information - Maximum image size is 2MB.
Send CD’s or hard copy photos, 4" x 6" or larger, to this address:
BoatUS ANGLER Catch of the Month Photo Contest, 880 S. Pickett St. Alexandria, VA 22304
- Contact Info: BoatUS Member Number, Name, Address,City, State,
Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address.
Not a Member yet? Click Here to Join for only $24 per year!
- Catch Info: Species Caught (please specify freshwater or saltwater); Length, Weight; Tackle Used; Date Caught; Catch Location.
- Contest begins April 1, 2013, 12:00 am EST and ends October 31 , 2013, 11:59 pm EST. There will be a contest each month starting on the 1st of the month and ending on the last day of the month. Winners will be notified via email or phone call after the last day of the month.
Who Can Enter:
- BoatUS Members and non-Members may enter. Open to all legal US residents
18 and older.
NOTE: Prizes will be awarded to the angler in the photo, not to the photographer. Prizes will be awarded in the name of the winners' parents or legal guardian if winners are under the age of 18 on April 1, 2013.
- Two prizes will be awarded each month - one (1) for
"Best Freshwater Catch"; one (1) for "Best Saltwater Catch". Each month's
winner will receive:
1. One-year BoatUS ANGLER Membership with Basic Towing
2. $50 Visa Gift Card,
3. BoatUS ANGLER Logo Items,
4. Fishing Gear Prize Pack
NOTE: Prizes will be awarded to the angler in the photo, not to the photographer.
- Each winner will also receive a framed "Catch of the Month" Certificate suitable for hanging, and their winning photo will be published in BoatUS ANGLER Magazine, on BoatUSAngler.com, and in "Tacklebox" monthly fishing newsletter.
- Grand Prize Package:
1. Upgrade of your BoatUS ANGLER Membership to include Unlimited On Water and On Road Towing
2. $50 Gift Certificate to BoatNameGear
3. A high-quality, fiberglass Fish Mount Replica of the winner's catch from FishReplicas.com*.
One Grand Prize will be awarded in each category, (freshwater and saltwater), in a drawing from all winning entries at the end of the contest period.
- Winning photos will be selected by most "Likes" on the BoatUS ANGLER Facebook page. Photos from all monthly winners will be placed on the BoatUS ANGLER Facebook page and visitors will be asked to "Like" their favorite photo in each category, (i.e.one (1) freshwater and one (1) saltwater). The two images with the most "Likes" will be selected as the Grand Prize winners.
- Winner is responsible for all taxes
- Submit up to two photos per month - only one catch per email or postal
envelope will be accepted.
Please Note: Photos of unsafe or irresponsible boating behavior or poor fish handling practices will not be considered.
- Entrants may only submit a specific photo once per contest year, (i.e. we will not accept the same photo for different months).
- All catches must meet your state's minimum weight requirements.
- Photos will not be returned unless accompanied with a self-addressed, stamped envelope with adequate postage.
- The photographer is responsible for obtaining model release forms if necessary. By submitting a photo, the photographer assumes all responsibility for securing the necessary permissions.
- Monthly winners will be notified via email after October 31, 2013 that their Catch of the Month winning photo will be posted on Facebook for the Grand Prize voting period. Any winner who does not wish to have their winning photo posted must contact BoatUS ANGLER at email@example.com, or by calling 866-906-0013, and inform BoatUS ANGLER that they do not wish to participate in the Grand Prize drawing.
- By submitting a photo, you give BoatUS ANGLER permission to reprint the image as needed for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Your name may or may not be included when used outside of this contest.
- Photos will be selected based on the size of the catch as well as effectiveness of the image.
- The photographer will retain the rights to the photo(s) and may sell or use the photos.
- BoatUS ANGLER reserves the right to change the contest rules without prior notification.
- * Grand Prize winners with catches over 60" will recieve a replica that is only 60" in length regardless of the actual size of their catch
- * Grand Prize winners with addresses outside the contiguous 48 states, (i.e Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada), will be responsible for the shipping costs of their replica.
- * Due to holiday scheduling for FishReplicas.com, fish mount replicas may be shipped after January 1, 2014.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this promotion.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of the Page during the Entry Period including any technical malfunction of any computer, on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or review to be received on account of traffic congestion on the internet or on Facebook, or any combination thereof.
- Employees of BoatUS and their family members are not eligible for prizes.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.