BoatUS ANGLER has developed a Fishing Guide Checklist to offer our members assistance in selecting the right guide or charter for a more enjoyable day on the water.
Use this checklist when researching or contacting a potential Fishing Guide or Charter. For more detailed information please read Choosing A Fishing Guide
- 1. What is provided?
- 2. What type of equipment do you use?
- 3. Can I bring my own equipment?
- 4. What do I need to bring?
- 5. Does your insurance cover liability? Liability limits?
- 6. Are you US Coast Guard licensed?
- 7. How many people can you accommodate? Are children allowed?
- 8. Do you provide life jackets/PFD's?
- 9. What are your rates? Do you require a deposit?
- 10. Do you charge extra for live bait?
- 11. How long are we out on the water? Half day? Full day?
- 12. Is lunch or drinks and snacks provided?
- 13. Departure time? Meeting place?
- 14. What type of fish will we fish for?
- 15. What is your cancellation policy? Inclement weather policy?
- 16. Do you practice Catch & Release?
- 17. Do I need a state license? And do you sell it?
- 18. Will you wrap and/or ship my catch?
- 19. Do you offer discounts to BoatUS Members?
- 20. Do you have suggestions for lodging in the area? Do you offer a discount on any lodging?
NOTE: The local Chamber of Commerce and Guide Associations can be an excellent source of information regarding guides and charters.
Please note that BoatUS does not endorse or guarantee the performance or services of fishing guides or charters listed. No warranties, expressed or implied, are intended or created by this directory. Any questions regarding the services provided by these guides or charters, their cost, or the content of their websites should be discussed with the individual guide or charter.
For more information about BoatUS ANGLER services, Click Here
To request a free information packet about
BoatUS ANGLER Benefits and Services, Click Here