NEWS from BoatUS
Boat Owners Association of The United States
880 S. Pickett St., Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatUS Press Room at www.BoatUS.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: D. Scott Croft, 703-461-2864, SCroft@BoatUS.com
Marine Trades Association Members: Want To Survive The Next Hurricane? Attend The 2008 Marina Hurricane Preparation Symposium
March 4 and 5, Orlando, FL
WHAT: A hands-on look at reducing the impact of future hurricanes, this two-day Symposium will give marina owners and yacht club managers the tools they need to weather the next hurricane, minimize damage and successfully recover.
WHY: If you thought 2007 was a “quiet” hurricane season, think again. For the first time since hurricanes have been recorded, there were two category five hurricanes that came ashore, both in the sparsely populated Yucatan Peninsula. Imagine what would have happened if those monster storms had come ashore in Houston, Miami, or Long Island.
National Weather Service predictions say that increased hurricane activity will continue for the foreseeable future. If you are responsible for protecting a facility – a marina, boatyard or yacht club – this conference will show you how. It’s a critical topic for any facility operator in the hurricane belt from Texas and the Gulf states all of the way up the Atlantic Seaboard.
- To help develop a hurricane plan that gives your facility the best chance to survive a storm.
- Learn preparation techniques from your peers that have worked well at other facilities.
- Take a look at what “storm-hardened” marinas will look like in the future.
- Learn what is within your legal rights for preparing boats for hurricanes.
- Discuss techniques that will get maximum effort from your staff and boat owners.
- Get your questions answered and discuss ideas.
- See exhibits of the latest in state-of-the-art hurricane preparation and damage mitigation products.
WHO: Sponsored by Boat Owners Association of The United States in conjunction with the Association of Marina Industries, Marine Industries Association of Florida and Marine Industries Association of South Florida.
INFORMATION: The Symposium will be held March 4 and 5 at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando, FL. Go to http://www.BoatUS.com/hurricanes/symposium to sign up to register, receive E-mail updates, reminders, press releases or to book a room. Or, call Kristin Loyd at 703-461-2878, x3561.