NEWS from BoatUS
Boat Owners Association of The United States
880 S. Pickett St., Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatUS Press Room at www.BoatUS.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: D. Scott Croft, 703-461-2864, SCroft@BoatUS.com
Ten Ways BoatUS Can Help You Buy A Boat
For the Savvy Boat Buyer
ALEXANDRIA, VA, March 5, 2008 – With over 650,000 members, Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) knows how to help boaters find and purchase the right boat. Here are ten (many free) ways BoatU.S. can help you find your dreamboat:
1. Read Up: Being a smart consumer will save you money, so make sure you review the BoatUS Guide to Buying and Selling a Boat at http://www.BoatUS.com/guide . This comprehensive online guide explains the buying process from soup to nuts.
2. Once you have your eye on a particular boat and before you start negotiating, get a “Value Check” from the BoatUS Value Check service at http://www.BoatUS.com/valuecheck. Unlike “Blue Books,” we’ll share with you the actual recent prices BoatU.S. members paid for the same model.
4. If the used boat you have your eyes on could “talk” to you, what would it say? Find out by calling the BoatUS Consumer Protection Database at 703-461-2856. It’s the only source of consumer complaints and safety information reported by boat owners, the U.S. Coast Guard, manufacturers, marine surveyors and marine technicians.
6. Get free advice: Post your boat purchase question on the message boards at http://www.BoatUS.com/forum where fellow boaters can share their own knowledge or experience with a particular boat. You can also post a question at the new Boat Group forums at http://www.BoatUS.com/boatgroups.
9. Learn about boating safety or the rules of the road at the BoatUS Foundation’s NASBLA-approved Online Boating Safety course at http://www.BoatUS.org/onlinecourse or, review specific topics in the “Boater’s Toolbox” at http://www.BoatUS.com/toolbox.
10. Looking for a boat name? There are over 8,000 to choose from, as well as a way to custom design and preview a proposed name – without having to pay upfront – at http://www.BoatUS.com/boatnames.
BoatU.S. – Boat Owners Association of The United States – is the nation’s leading advocate for recreational boaters providing its 650,000 members with a wide array of consumer services including a group-rate marine insurance program that insures nearly a quarter million boats; the largest fleet of more than 500 towing assistance vessels; discounts on fuel, slips, and repairs at over 870 Cooperating Marinas; boat financing; and a subscription to BoatUS Magazine, the most widely read boating publication in the U.S. For membership information visit http://www.BoatUS.com or call 800-395-2628.